Aerostich Mini Compressor

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmmmmm...$50 for an Aerostitch compressor, or $20 for a Slime compressor that does exactly the same thing. The shit people will over-pay for is amazing.
Sorry boys, hate to tell you this but I have seen two Slime pumps die. Also the stich pump puts out way more air and is half the size so pack easily under the seat so it's always on the bike.

Hmmmmmmmm...$50 for an Aerostitch compressor, or $20 for a Slime compressor that does exactly the same thing. The shit people will over-pay for is amazing.
Sorry boys, hate to tell you this but I have seen two Slime pumps die. Also the stich pump puts out way more air and is half the size so pack easily under the seat so it's always on the bike.
Well, there's that. It's possible my Slime pump will shit the bed, but I've had it for years. It was one of the first things I bought for my FJR. It hasn't failed me yet. It could put out more air, but these aren't truck tires, and I've never had to full one up from full flat with that pump. Maybe when that happens, I'll change my tune.

As far as breaking shit, I could break an anvil, so I try to be careful. Lol...

Used the slime pump I store under the seat to go from full flat to fully inflated. I paid $20 for it also on a sale.

Will it bite the dust? Who knows, but it worked for me.

Whatever mini pump you may have, when inflating a tire do not expect to run it up to full inflation on one run. Let it cool down after a half fill an d will likely serve you well for years. Heat kills!!!

IMG_0989_zpsbzvsnkl8.jpg
Had this for years! Looks like the Aerostich pump? I find when travelling a bicycle pump for a couple of pounds is quicker and quieter for those still sleeping in tents around me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered the little Aerostich a few years ago after reading a thread on this forum about it. Aerostich accidentally shipped me two of them, two identical boxes, two identical packing slips. Obviously, I could have just kept them both and no one the wiser. But, that is not how I operate so...

I called Aerostich and explained my situation. The very surprised lady on their end asked if I wanted to ship the second one back. I had already decided I wanted both because the quality is obvious once you hold it in your hand. She agreed to charge my card for the second one and we both laughed about it. And you know, they did not charge me full price. I got a really good deal on that "second" compressor.

My GoldWing riding cousin has that other Aerostich and is the envy of his Harley riding buddies. He has had to use it numerous times but only once for his own bike.

Not bashing the Aerostich product, but it is overpriced in my opinion. I have two slime pumps...both with air pressure gauges built-in. I have a third pump, think it was a slime but not sure. The oldest is about 15+ years old now...still going strong. I use it in the pickup as an emergency air source when I pick up a nail or some other "pluggable" puncture. I use the other two on my bikes and they work great. Have had one of them since 2007 and it is still going strong and whats more, the air gauge on it is surprisingly accurate. So based on my history with the walmart pumps, I think I'll save the coin for something else.

BTW, where is the Aerostich pump manufactured?

FWIW, I had numerous WalMart portable compressors over the years and they were all junk. They work for a little while but fail when you really need them. I assumed the Slime compressor was more of the same garbage. I have since learned otherwise but have no regrets for spending the extra money to get what I thought was a better tool. A good tool is worth good money, the Aerostich is a good tool. Apparently the Slime compressor is a good tool as well.

The main difference is that I bought my Aerostich from, well, Aerostich. I would have to go to Satan's Anus to purchase the Slime compressor.

^^^^Dumbass...You can buy the Slime from the Internet on Amazon, eBay, or Slime themselves and avoid Satan's Anus all together. Lately it has been all about avoiding that Hell hole, so I understand your angst.