AGirl's "FJR Fall Foliage Frolic"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGirl

Reaction score
ON THE ROAD ...(reside in AZ-85338, CA-96150,
After resting for 11 weeks while I was off riding a different bike in Alaska, my FJR is rolling once again. I'm currently in the New England area. If there are any other leaf peepers out there, you might find interest in this particular Journey Report I just posted (sharing info creates good karma, ya know! :) ): HERE

For those interested, the start of my “Fall Foliage Frolic” can be found:HERE

I'd also like to add a specific note here. If you or someone you know has plans to run Skyline Drive in Shenandoah Nat'l Park (Virginia)- which connects with the Blue Ridge Pkwy – be advised the latter third of Skyline road is gravel (about 30 miles). Yes, gravel. :eek: Chip-sealing gone wrong actually. Conditions I'd describe as unsuitable for those who have no experience with corners and gravel. (I have pics in one of the reports about this (HERE). There is but one single “Loose Gravel” orange caution sign at the beginning of the gravel and that's it....nothing about “For the next 30 miles”. Since there are no exits off the Parkway, one is basically stuck in the junk rather than on a beautiful scenic byway. Since Bambi and her friends are prolific in the area, I wouldn't want to need to try a panic stop on the current surface. I stopped and spoke in person with Steve Herzog, Head Park Ranger Maintenance Dude (or some such title), who said the project was outside contract work and he had no idea when the mess would be completed, adding several weeks or months wasn't out of the question. This is the roughest condition I've seen this road, and I've done it literally dozens and dozens of times. I'd recommend Rt 33 as a bypass to that section. I suspect many riders will take to this road during the upcoming foliage change which is another reason I'm passing along the info.

Happy fall riding to everyone!
cheer.gif

AGirl

Great report. Great photos. Thank you. Beautifully done. I ended up going to your website and subscribing,

and now I'm going back to read all of those other trip reports and this is gonna burn my entire evening. But thank you.

peace

Headed that way in a week, thanks for the heads-up. I rode through Coopers Gap in north/central Georgia as a 'shortcut' and had all the dirt road and tight corner gravel I care to ride for while.

And, excellent trip. Always enjoy reading your trip logs.

Agirl, really enjoyed reading your fall report. I grew up (mostly lol) in Ct. It's quite a lovely (and expensive) area for sure.

Thnx so much for sharing, the pics are great as is your sense of humor! I'm happy that Mo is helping you out with the safety issues ;)

Best Wishes.

Agirl that is some awesome pics that you have. The trees changing colors is beautiful. Never hae been to the east coast to see this happen. keep the good reports comming very good reading. :)

aGirl - I'm very appreciative for your posts. I've always wanted to make a back east run. Only been in MitchAgain and VuhMont and NuuYerk on biz travels, didn't have time to explore. And I missed the leaf peeping too. I have to go.. Most excellent, keep riding and posting, you are very fortunate to have funds and time..

Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing. Seeing the beauty of the changing colors makes me almost homesick for England, but the mild CA weather year-round makes me glad to be here.

Jill

Beautiful photos. Thanks for sharing. Seeing the beauty of the changing colors makes me almost homesick for England, but the mild CA weather year-round makes me glad to be here.
Jill
That's the part I've not experienced.. 'Seasons' vs 'Years'.. indoor vs outdoor, for an extended period of time..

Feel better soon AGirl!

What brand and model of tires are pictured in your report?

JW