All I can say is YeeOuch!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's always amazing to me that the riders mostly walk away from those crashes. Incredible.

Of course, I also believe it's those very same crashes (in a controlled environment with all the right protective gear and proper training) that empower squids to be what they are. Hey, if they can walk away from crashes, so can I. Never mind that I am riding like a jerk in an uncontrolled environment (public roads), do not have the right gear (t-shirt and flip-flops is not, contrary to popular belief, the right gear), and have no training to speak of.

Last edited by a moderator:
That many of these riders try to ride out some of these impending crashes and actually save some of them, or manage to hang on to the bike speaks volumes for their absolute skill and reflexes. That most of them are able to get up and walk away from the majority of those crashes proves that the proper gear is absolutely imperative. Not to mention that not one of them hit an oncoming car, tree, guardrail, dog, sidewalk, or other object that may be found on your everyday public road.