Angels over Kansas City - as in Blue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KSFJR

Reaction score
The Blue Angels are perfoming here this weekend and they are out practicing right now. It is amazing to watch these guys going over residential areas not a whole lot higher than roof top. You here a slight distant noise then all of a sudden "boom" they are overhead and then they are gone.

Man am I glad they are on our side. A big salute to our military guys and gals where ever they are.

Chester

The Blue Angels are perfoming here this weekend and they are out practicing right now. It is amazing to watch these guys going over residential areas not a whole lot higher than roof top. You here a slight distant noise then all of a sudden "boom" they are overhead and then they are gone.
Man am I glad they are on our side. A big salute to our military guys and gals where ever they are.

Chester
They ARE impressive!!

(Chester, you comin' to CFO?)

I grew up in Virginia Beach, Virginia not 5 miles from Oceana Naval Air Station. Virginia Beach is about as flat as you can get. We used to climb on to my friend's two story house and lay on the roof and watch the Navy jets do touch and go's. When the Blue Angels came to town, they would usually do three shows, two at Oceana and one over the waterfront along the beach. When they would do the ones at Oceana, the times we didn't go, we would watch from his roof and we could see rivets in the planes as they flew overhead, we were that close.

Good times, great memories.

If anybody has not ever seen them perform, they really ought to go.

Those guys are awesome.

At St Louis and Nashville they alternate each year between the Blue Angels and Air Force's Thunderbirds.

They are both really worth driving a few hours away to see!

At the end of the last show, they didn't announce it or anything, but out of nowhere comes a Stealth Fighter for a flyby, believe it was a F-117A.

Just freakin amazing how quiet that thing was coming at you.

I would hate to be on the wrong end of that thing!

Mark, I really doubt it. I have to take care of a few things for my mom tomorrow at the nursing home so that hopefully she can come home next week. If I can get through by noon I will probably come but it is really iffy.

Chester

Mark, I really doubt it. I have to take care of a few things for my mom tomorrow at the nursing home so that hopefully she can come home next week. If I can get through by noon I will probably come but it is really iffy.

Chester
Take Care Chester...and ride safely if you head out late.

If I don't see you at CFO, I'll see you at the Hooterville 400.......