Announcing! FJR-NERDS 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang it! This route sounds like fun. :yahoo: I'm not an experienced dirt rider...but it sure sounds like fun to try.

Oh well, maybe another year...
Well, even if there is never another NERDS, or if NERDS is somewhere else in New England next time, these routes are out there for anyone to come and try. ;)

Hot off the press...
Thanks Fred! Sounds like a little excitement on the bridge ride. If the weather is good I'll do this ride Wed and then head over to Ed's place to help supervise the work going on. Anyone want to tag along see me at the hotel breakfast 0700-0730

I'd better mount up the tires with tread left before I head out next week. I'm on almost slicks right now.

We will have some blank Ride Route sign-up sheets on the round table in the lobby each evening, along with a list and brief descriptions of each route.

Prospective leaders just need to fill out the top part and then leave the sheet on the table for other folks to jump in on it. Folks can also peruse the lists in the morning, but may miss a ride that goes off earlier. For a couple of the routes, you might want to leave earlier than the 9AM average start time (Mt Washington and Art's Twisty Butt)

Leader grabs the signup sheet off the table just before it's time to leave and counts heads. We still recommend no more than 10 bikes per group (including the leader) but that number is also up to the leader. You can take more if you really want, or cross off some of the slots at the bottom if you prefer fewer.

There is also a spot on the sheet for the leader to indicate his intended pace. It is helpful to indicate what you really intend on doing speed-wise. ;)

Worked out really well last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Route status update!!

For any of the three ride routes in the Adirondacks, on the return leg after passing ove the Champlain Bridge back into Vermont you will encounter a 7 mile section of construction zone where the pavement is ripped up and they are laying a new road bed. We rode through this zone yesterday, and were sorry that we did. The stuff that they are spraying down on the gravel road bed is something vile that will stick to your bike like glue, and cause your exhaust to stink like hell.

When you get to where the construction begins, Rte 22A, just turn left (head north) to Vergenes. Then pick up Rte 7 there and head back down to Rte 17 on the far side of the construction.

FWIW - the rest of the Grand Isles and Northern Dacks was most excellent!

Thanks, Fred. Headed that way this morning on my way to Stowe, so will avoid that stretch. Maybe I'll try 125 east to Middlebury then up to 17, what the heck.

Made it here to Rome NY yesterday, stayed ahead of rain coming from the west ever since we left home. Ran into some rain east of Rochester, had to use the rain suits briefly, then after we arrived (8 pm or so) the monsoon let loose with lots of tunner and litenin'. Happy to see this morning the big one is south of Vermont...... see ya this afternoon, dry!

We will be hitting the road in an hour or so and coincidental with that the rain should be just ending then. That just means we pack the rain gear instead of wearing it.

Does anyone know where there's a beer store with a good selection near the Commodores Inn?
Well, about 150 yards walking distance just south of the Commodores is a convenient market that has a decent selection of beer and wine. It's also open late (for the area) until 10-11 PM.

Fred (not Ed)

Home safe and sound after my first NERDS. It was awesome! Great people, great weather and beautiful scenery. Thanks to the organizers for a wonderful event. :clapping:

Home safe here as well. We took our Mojo to the Springsteen concert last night. He was rockin' it!

Many many thanks and kudos to the organizers. NERDS was fantastic. THaPS photos coming...

Ok limp diks... Where are the pictures??
I already posted photos and video of my dominance on the bowling alley and I posted video of Ray on the App Dap.

There is no sense in me posting any other photos since it seems you're too drunk to see what is already on the screen.

Sooze and I got home aboot a half hour ago.

Another great time, even though we hit a few spots of rain on the way home.

Bluejag's home and unloading at 5:00 p.m. Sunday!!! Great Time as always!! :yahoo:

Pictures to follow (edited of course ;) )

Asphalt Junkies home safe and sound as well. Thanks everyone for another great NERDS event! And thanks Fred for leading the way home. It's pretty funny that the route I planned up had more dirt than the one you planned home!