ANNUAL PNW Tech meet #20 July 7th, 2018

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping to install angled metal valve stems, only I will be out of the country July 7th. I guess I will see you all at the next one or some other ride. Ride safe see you you around.

Count me in...might even get the better half out too!

You and your family are amazing!

Just in case no one tells you that enough
Yep, we're pretty fortunate b, on many fronts!
rolleyes.gif

--G

You will have to find another "tire guy" for this tech meet. I will be doing my 3 week trip to Alaska while the tech meet is going on.

I was hoping to install angled metal valve stems, only I will be out of the country July 7th. I guess I will see you all at the next one or some other ride. Ride safe see you you around.
PM me. We can set up a time that you can come by and do that.

If we're not off on a July 4th holiday trip, I'm in.

I'll have perhaps the easiest need of all...just need someone with a torque wrench, so as to move my bars with GenMar 1" risers from the middle position to the rear-most position (which is where it was supposed to be...the dealer who installed the risers put the bars that were in the rear-most position back to the middle position, and I didn't notice until the next day). Need also to check the torque on the stem bolt...the bottom edge was perfectly horizontal before the risers, but post-risers it's now at a 15-degree angle (which tends to drive my OCD'ish tendencies crazy
weirdsmiley.gif
)...seems like perhaps they over-tightened it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bums me out to know I'll be back east on the 7th. And I was so proud to bring my new DIY damper removal tool!

Dang! Looks like I'm going to miss this one. :( Heading for Baker City that day for a 9 day recon ride for WeSTOC23. Crap....

PNW Tech Days are a good time bigjohn! Should be a good turn-out since summer and nice weather begins on July 5th...

--G

Last edited by a moderator: