Another silly Corbin quest.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norflyer

Reaction score
Gents,

just a quick quest. for all the knowledgeable folk visiting this fine forum.(and no...I did not find it during my search). :unsure:

I've got a Corbin leather seat at hand. It was made for a Gen I (2002 model).

Will it fit my Gen II 2006 model ? If so, I'm buying.....

Tks in advance.

Tor

Not sure, but Corbin's site shows that they are different models, so I would assume that it won't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gents,
just a quick quest. for all the knowledgeable folk visiting this fine forum.(and no...I did not find it during my search). :unsure:

I've got a Corbin leather seat at hand. It was made for a Gen I (2002 model).

Will it fit my Gen II 2006 model ? If so, I'm buying.....

Tks in advance.

Tor
Is the one you are looking at the rider only seat? I need one of those.

When I bought my Gen II FJR I also ordered a Corbin front seat and a smuggler trunk. Unfortunately Corbin mixed up the order and sent me a Gen I front seat and smuggler trunk. They definitely do not fit. The seating area is narrower on the Gen I FJR than on the Gen II FJR by about an inch.

The seating area is narrower on the Gen I FJR than on the Gen II FJR by about an inch.
Interesting. That would be why tho the Gen II's sit about an inch lower on the seat, I don't actually reach the ground any better. Damn short legs.

I have a Corbin seat with back rest that you can buy, but it will not fit Gen ll.
So why would he buy this if it doesn't fit his bike? Odd... :blink:
Emotion and economics man!

He buys the seat, it don't fit, he gets really pissed... and sells it here at a huge loss.

But! he gains a forum buddy!

Think I'm going to have to start charging you guys for my advice..

:p

:jester:

Think I'm going to have to start charging you guys for my advice.. :p

Um... based on the advice (normally) given, I'm thinking that we should be paid every time you give advice, not the other way around. :clapping:

Either way, Money changes hands..stimulating the economy Damn! there's that e word again!

I'm gettin' inta politics.. I have a knack! :p

Well gents,

this Corbin saddle is for sale in Sweden. You are free to buy if you got a Gen I.... :dribble:

I'm still stuck with my modified (bastard) OEM saddle. I've shaved it down, made it a bit lower pluss put some gel ontop.

Not even close to Russell or Corbin , but it serves its purpose.

Was mostly thinking of my wife backseat, since we are going to Rhine/Mosel valley this summer.

Gents; stay healthy and ride safe !

Latest posts