Any recreational hockey players out there?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I do. Recently, the local skate shop pissed me off by raising the skate sharpening rates again. I looked into skate sharpening systems and I think the cheapest I found was about $600 – a bit high for my needs. Now that I am semi-retired (underemployed?) I designed up and built a skate sharpening system for doing my own skates. It has worked very well so I thought I would build some more for those who might be interested. My goal was to keep the all-in price at $300 or less. Interested? The kit I would sell you includes the adjustable skate fixture, a stand for the grinder, a concave diamond dresser and two fine grit grinding wheels. You would only need to buy a 4” right-angle grinder from Harbor Freight for $20. You would also need a very flat surface – I recommend a 16 or 18” sq. polished marble floor tile if you don't have a nice flat table. Send me a PM if you have an interest in buying a kit and I can send more info. I expect these to become available in a couple months if there's enough interest. Go Pengies...
nhl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe soon we'll all be sending you our dulled out skates packed inside our scuffed up side cases.

Actually, I'm curious what your skate shop is asking for that. My old Bauer skates don't get much use anymore, but I know they're dull as hell.

We pay $10.00 for a good sharpening here in Albany. I'm fortunate that I don't move to fast and only need to get them sharpened 2 or 3 times a season. Slow and old is a way to go thru life (when I'm not on the FJR).
smile.png