Any speculations for the '09's?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SR-71

Reaction score
Any guesses as to what changes might occur on the '09's? Three years for the Gen 1's and three years for the Gen-2's. Are we due for a Gen-3 model? My guess is no.

Here's my guesses:

* 5 speed trany, hp/torque will stay the about the same with possible cleaner emission changes

* Minor changes to the windscreen

* Minor seat changes

* Possible throttle applications changes

* More comfort improvements/adjustments (bars, seat)

* Colors: Metallic Greenish/Blue for the A, and Charcoal for the AE.

SR-71

I think they're going to ditch the bags and fairing and make the FJR a naked standard. Probably lengthen the suspension to compete with the Versys.

I could be wrong, though.

I think they're going to ditch the bags and fairing and make the FJR a naked standard. Probably lengthen the suspension to compete with the Versys.
I could be wrong, though.
Maybe? A 'GS' model -- full 'Dakar' spec, complete w/knobbies and high-pipes.... :blink: :unsure:

I could be wrong, too.

I say it will have the Yammi tuning fork logo in it, and will have a decal that says "FJR" somewhere on it.

Windscreen will still be too small for most riders.

The US will only get one color per model.

Where's that damn crystal ball?...ah, there it is...let us see hare---

The 09 will be a very metalic looking golden bronze color. The side panel will match the paint like the 08 model.

Heated grips will be standard for both the A and AE.

The bike will come with Dunlop tires it seems...

And, well, that looks to be it...all the rest is the same....

(But wow, you should see what they did to the R1 !!!!)

KM

Any guesses as to what changes might occur on the '09's? Three years for the Gen 1's and three years for the Gen-2's. Are we due for a Gen-3 model? My guess is no.

GenI were 01-05, 5 years.
03 thru 05 in the U.S.

GP

Yea,

But the generation was 5 years. And the US 03's were released here in 02'.
I realize that, but I think what he was trying to say was about what we actually got here in the U.S. Technically your correct, but I personally don't count what we never had here.

GP

I say it will have the Yammi tuning fork logo in it, and will have a decal that says "FJR" somewhere on it.
Windscreen will still be too small for most riders.

The US will only get one color per model.
And tires...

...it'll probably come with 2 tires, and colour matched panniers. And the throttle spring might be to strong for some owners.

Boxer motor?

New YammyPass ignition?

AE model designation replaced with AE/IOU(and sometimes Y in Kalifornia)

I'm predicting for the 09 FJR: Supercharged old (carbureted) V-Max engine, wheelie bar, supersized beer holder (to accommodate 40s), power steering, cruise control (lock wrench wedged against the brake lever), with optional nitrous kit.

GenI were 01-05, 5 years.
03 thru 05 in the U.S.

GP

Yea,

But the generation was 5 years. And the US 03's were released here in 02'.
I realize that, but I think what he was trying to say was about what we actually got here in the U.S. Technically your correct, but I personally don't count what we never had here.

GP
You say potato I say po-tah-toe

Let it go! :p

becca.gif

Perhaps a power outlet that is not behind a locked door. Cruise control as a standard feature. Optional single seat with large backrest. Candy apple red color. True automatic transmission on the AE. 6 Speed tranny. :lol: