Anyone have a Wolfman tank bag on their FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunesgirl

Reaction score
I'm thinking of upgrading from my tiny tank bag to something a little bigger and I'm looking at the Wolfman Explorer Lite (13L expandable to 16L) or Cortech Super 2.0 18-liter. I can't find any pictures of the Wolfman on an FJR. Anyone have one?

Hey Dunesgirl,

I've never run the Explorer Lite on the FJR but have run it on other bikes. I tried a SW Motech Quick Lock Evo GS (17 - 25L) tank bag on the FJR and haven't looked back. The Quick Lock system is pretty amazing. You do have to buy the plastic tank ring/fastener separately but in the end I think its all well worth the $$$. I have run mine on my '09 FJR for over 5 years and now it lives on my 2013/Gen III for the past 6 months. I have tried many different tank bags over the years and this one is it for me. Its definitely worth having a look at... My .02 cents.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-quick-lock-evo-city-tank-bag

Edit: They do have a little bit smaller/medium bag, which is more comparable to the Explorer Lite, called the Evo City (16 - 22L). I prefer the larger bag.

Do you get any interference with the bars using a bag of that size?

I was thinking a Cortech Super 2.0 12-liter might be about as large as I could go, with the 18-liter perhaps being too much. 🤔
No, it seems the perfect size to me. With the magnetic tank bag, it's easy to move to wherever you want. I keep a microfiber rag in the tankbag along w/ Cee Baily's cleaning solution, and wipe the tank down after gassing up, so's not to scratch or chaff the paint; though I always did that w/ the strap on kind too.

And, I just keep one of them USB battery thingies in the tank bag to charge my phone, POS SENA, or the BT sending unit for the radar detector.

I have the Cortech Super 2.0 18 liter and it fits fine.  Doesn't interfere with the handlebars at full lock, good sight line to the instruments, and holds plenty.  I love the bag.  The magnets hold well and it's easy to move around or take off for gas stops.  Haven't had any problems (knock on wood) with scratches in 4 years of regular use.  I'd buy another one if I needed to replace this one.

I once had a tank bag that mounted with magnets, and I'll never have another.  Holding a tank bag in place while fighting 50 mph cross wind gusts is just too much trouble where I ride. I guess they'd be OK back East or in a city.  Next bag I get will be hard mounted on a gas cap bracket.  WBill

I once had a tank bag that mounted with magnets, and I'll never have another.  Holding a tank bag in place while fighting 50 mph cross wind gusts is just too much trouble where I ride. I guess they'd be OK back East or in a city.  Next bag I get will be hard mounted on a gas cap bracket.  WBill
I always heard those horror stories, 'n stayed away from magnetics for years, but there's no way a crosswind can blow my GIVI off. Only way that'd happen is if the bike 'n I are tumbling down the road. :lol2:

Suggestion...next time, buy a quality bag, not something from the Dollar Store. 

No way a quality bike specific magnetic bike bag blows off. I've ridden thru Kansas with gale force cross winds and my bag didn't budge an inch.

That is all.  😎

Well maybe mine was one of the bad ones, but it was "...motorcycle specific," as Southern Cruiser wrote.  I think it was made by Corbin, maker of motorcycle seats, etc., and it looks like they quit offering them.

Heading west through the VLA in New Mexico, the wind blew it far enough to hit and activate the kill switch on my '05.  Fortunately, I was about the only one out there at the time, and I was able to carry on.  WBill

Latest posts