Anyone repainted your FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, Rogdebs were in England. It'll be cool to see them both @ Reno, huh! Mebbe we should arrange to have them park side by side...just to let everyone else drool.

Checked with Rogdeb this weekend. Seems his paint job was $2K +....so bring your wallet.
Did that include dis-assembly and re-assembly?

If you pull the parts, you aught to be able to get them painted a single color for $500-1000.

I'd have to ask to be sure. I think he disassembled, but took it to the dealer for some assembly, perhaps the nose piece. (I remember helping with the last bits of trim, etc.)

Remember, this is The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, and regulations, spray booth requirements and other regulations can boost the price. But I agree, one might be able to get the parts painted for around $1K, or so.

For whoever needs to know ;)

My paint job was $2400.00(approx)

dis-assembly myself with help from MMike

Took parts to service manager who arranged the painting

Mostly re-assembled by service shop cause I didn't want to risk scratching it :eek:

Price included a couple of new panels that were too gouged up to re-paint.

Looks like a "stock" paint job (even deep primer red inside all parts) -- you get what you pay for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Price included a couple of new panels that were too gouged up to re-paint.
Looks like a "stock" paint job (even deep primer red inside all parts) -- you get what you pay for.
That's a different story, and good job on doing it right! That sounds like a reasonable price for the work you had done.

I got to park next to the bike at WFO-4 and thought it was a stock European bike after looking closely at the paint! Well done!!!

It was also the most distinctive bike there too.

We're talking about having some bikes parked in a special spot at WFO-5 representing different categories.

Most farkled, best customized, cleanest, rattiest, highest mileage, maybe a "Rider's Choice", etc. I would think this one is a good candidate.

:agent: IF i DROP MY 05 AND ITS GOING TO NEED A PAINT JOB. IM GOING TO DO A 50TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION LIKE THE R1 AND R6 YELLOW. I THINK IT WOULD BE SUPER COOL LOOK.

THANKS, DAN.

Here's ours

445138redfjrweb.jpg

:D

I might add, that's a real nice blue there Slap

cool.

I have fantasized about going with the new FZ1 red.

I think I would do the panel under the saddle too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you going to be pissed when I copy-cat you? I keep thinking about it.
Jeeez "NO" Bike-effects.

The more the better of any color would be great.

I am sure that nobody (especially on this "well farkled" forum) has any personal claim to anything as far as the FJR is concerned.