August 21 Motorcycle Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Sport Touring Camaraderie Ride

Carlisle PA

All makes and brands Motorcycles Welcome

Sunday August 21, 2011

Meet for Breakfast at 9 am at the IRON SKILLET

At the PETRO truck stop in Carlisle PA

1201 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle PA

GPS Coordinates N 40-13.903 W 077-08.551

There will be 9 rides to choose from 150 to 240 miles long

All rides end at the Middlesex Diner in Carlisle PA

1 of the rides will be a mix of PAVED AND UNPAVED ROADS

CONTACT PERSONS

Concours Owners Group Russell W Fleming 410-374-9687 [email protected]

Yamaha FJR Randy Sinisi 717-439-3814 [email protected]

BMWBMW Eddie Phelps 410-781-7521 [email protected]

BMWDCR & Suzuki V Strom Mike Montville 717-540-1876 [email protected]

COG PA Greg Puterbaugh 717-632-3324 [email protected]

Here is the list of rides to choose from.

PA Route 125 Deals Gap of PA that is 215 miles long by Frank Davidowski

Bedford County Ride that is 240 miles long by Greg Puterbaugh COG

5-County Ride that is 190 miles long by Randy Sinisi FJR

Gettysburg Ride that is 145 miles long by Greg Puterbaugh COG

Route 235 Ride that is 170 miles long by Russell Fleming COG

Orchard Ride that is 135 miles long by Russell Fleming COG

3 States ride that is 190 miles long by Eddie Phelps BMW

Raystown Lake Ride 200 miles long by Frederick Huganir BMW

Dual Sport Ride that is 145 miles long by Mike Montville V Strom

Dual Sport Ride will be guided by Mike and will LEAVE at 9:45 all other rides are self-guided

i am not going to the pa ride, but i have in the past. i am supposed to be attending the NERDS outing. i was emailed the info. and thought that if there were some members that could not or were not attending the NERDS outing then maybe they would like to enjoy a one day outing with some really great people .. really hope that the weather will be awesome in vermont without rain so that i will be able to attend. my going is all contingent on the weather unfortunately....

I wouldn't let the weather forecast deter you too much (for either ride). This time of year there are often forecasts of thundershowers in the afternoon. Sometimes they materialize, and sometimes they don't. Thee are not well developed and predictable storm systems. Just the right general conditions that can develop into thundershowers.

For instance, a 5 day forecast for Stowe as of today looks like this:

StoweForecast5-6-11.jpg

I would not hesitate to go on a week long ride with that forecast. Just bring along some rain gear for the possible afternoon shower at some time.

Thanks for posting this, Chrissy. Sorry I'll miss you guys this year.

If anyone has any questions about the ride, please let me know.

Was great to see everyone. Was nice to see some old (I mean familiar...then again, no, I mean old) faces and some new ones. A personal thanks go out to Pete the Crazy Scotsman for his excellent ride leading skills. Was a good thing he was riding 2-up - it's the only way the rest of us could keep pace with him.

The rain held out for most of the day, but, seems like just about everyone hit a shower or 2, but, not a complete washout. The worst weather I encountered was the way home...hail hurts!!!!

Was tough to get an accurate count, but, best estimate I have is about 50 bikes showed up.

Hope everyone made it home safe.

Hey, I resemble that crazy Scotsman comment!!! And once you put over 66,000 miles on the stock suspension, even the great purple headed Randy monster would cut the pace a little, especially when riding two up!

Seriously though, it was great riding with Randy and a few other FJR Forum members yesterday, and some other bikes with genuinely good people on board. I was surprised at how many turned out despite a pretty dismal looking forecast. For those that missed it this year, this is an annual get together, so come and have some fun with us in 2012.

Pete

Was great to see everyone. Was nice to see some old (I mean familiar...then again, no, I mean old) faces and some new ones. A personal thanks go out to Pete the Crazy Scotsman for his excellent ride leading skills. Was a good thing he was riding 2-up - it's the only way the rest of us could keep pace with him.

The rain held out for most of the day, but, seems like just about everyone hit a shower or 2, but, not a complete washout. The worst weather I encountered was the way home...hail hurts!!!!

Was tough to get an accurate count, but, best estimate I have is about 50 bikes showed up.

Hope everyone made it home safe.

Now you have gone & done it Randy, as now he will have to buy one size bigger helmet to fit his now bigger head. :p

All kidding aside , Pete is a fantastic rider (Dan also) as i do feel like grampa trying out his new walker when out riding with them. Had a great time & ride & the company was great, & hope we all can hook up again for a ride.

Latest posts