Sport Touring Camaraderie Ride 5-6-12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadstar

Reaction score
Sport Touring Camaraderie Ride :yahoo:

WINCHESTER, VA

All makes and brands Motorcycles welcome

Sunday May 6, 2012

Meet for Breakfast at 8:30 am at the

Dennys Restaurant

At the Flying J Truck Stop

( I-81 exit 323 ) 1530 Rest Church Road

N 39-15.22 W 78-06.13

There will be 5 rides to choose from 150 to 200 miles long

All rides end back at the Flying J Truck Stop

1 of the rides will be a mix of PAVED AND UNPAVED ROADS

CONTACT PERSONS

Concours Owners Group Russell W Fleming 410-374-9687 [email protected]

Yamaha FJR Randy Sinisi [email protected]

BMWBMW Eddie Phelps [email protected]

WMMA Bowie Pearre [email protected]

V-Strom Patrick Sprague [email protected]

ALL of these rides are self-guided.

West Virginia Rides & Hollows by Bowie Pearre, Western MD MA 180 miles long

This route follows the base of Little North Mountain to Fox Gap, crosses the ridge to Lost Creek, follows old route 55 to South Branch Valley, through Graybill Hollow, around Ice Mountain, through Smokey Hollow and Siler. You can almost hear the banjo dueling.

Pa Ride by Greg Puterbaugh COG 160 miles long

Sandwiched between two nice jaunts-one to Hancock, Md., and one back, is a trip to motorcycle heaven. The area around Clearville, Pa. has more great roads than most states, and this ride gets you on just a few of them. The twists and turns are endless, the pavement is first rate, the scenery is spectacular, and, to top it off, traffic is practically non-existent.

This route takes you through West Virginia where you will ride Buck Hill Road, Winchester Grade, River Road, Route 9 and Back Creek Valley Road. In Pennsylvania you will ride in Bedford and Fulton Counties on Route 26, Robinsonville Road, Stoney Break Road and McKeess Gap Road.

Civil War Route by Russell W. Fleming COG 175 miles long

This ride takes you around the edges of some of the Civil War Battles Fields in Maryland and Virginia. You ride on WV Route 901, MD Route 17, VA Route 9, VA Route 50, Route 611, Blueridge Mountain Road, Summit Point Road and Old Charlestown Pike.

Rivers, Race Tracks and Ramblings. By Eddie Phelps BMWBMW 180 miles long

This is a great route for casual riding along some of Virginia's most scenic by-ways. Check out Summit Raceway and then follow the shores of the Shenandoah River. Some of the scenic by-ways include Hillsboro, Snickerstown, Hallway and Marshall Highway, to name a few. Like the wine country you are touring, savor the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds awesome, but I'm still recovering from some ankle surgery. Maybe I'll catch the next one.

I'm sooo in on this one.
Now all we need is our fearless leader to get well & we will be good to go. I was in Winchester VA the other day & it took my slow as a pig-tanker :angry2: , 2 1/2 hours to get back from exit 323 & took all main routes & thru Harrisburg to work.

I'll be there, riding solo, assuming I get my knobbies installed on Saturday. Got some extra microfiber cloths handy just for Gerard!

Good time.

Thanks all!

394d4d18.jpg

a80bc81f.jpg

adb657c8.jpg

36845684.jpg

Looks like we have an official ride photographer now! Thanks Karen, hope you are all dried out now, no thanks to Bob.

Randy, sorry you didn't"t get to ride, but it was good to see you for breakfast.

Boy i heard that a camera puts on 30 pounds , but never thought they would put man boobs on a person :dribble: & what the hell is Dan doing , acting out a play (to be or not to be) <_< :p :p :p

It was great meeting you & Karen & i`m sure we will meet again.

To be honest, I was carrying a six pack of ttennis balls inside my jacket, just in case you lost that huge one that that you were using as a helmet!!!

Now thats funny !! That helmet is so bright, they started to call me sunny. Too bad they don't make a reflective tennis ball stripe kit for that helmet.