• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Auxiliary Tank Group Buy (merged threads)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to take it out of the box and sit it on the bike today. I know everyone has seen Joe's work but I can't say enough how great this tank looks and fits.

image1%203_1.jpg

I was not able to remove the driver seat with the tank on. There is a hack for that. I saw on the many postings on this tank that the easiest was to attach a zip tie to the release mechanism and make a small hole in the plastic for it to be accessible. I looked at that and not sure the hole in the plastic is even needed. I will take some pictures once I get to that point. I am waiting on fedex/ups for several items I need to finish the fuel lines and install.

I'm on a family vacation on Vancouver Island for the next two weeks. So there won't be any progress made on my install for a while.

Here we go again. Fast Forward to January 12th, 2017
I am offering a group buy of the Tag-Along-Tank for Gen2 and Gen3 FJRs .
Before I get into the nitty-gritty, cost, quantities, price breaks, etc. ...A few ground rules:

1. Do not post any content anywhere else. If you are tempted to copy and paste, please resist the urge and find some other way to convey that you saw something here that you want to share.

2. Refer back to this list. If I remember something I learned from previous group buys, I will add a note about it here. From now until this third group buy ends, this 167th post will convey everything you need to know to participate in this third group buy. Before the group buy ends, I will try to remember to mention here, in this post, that I remembered all the points I wanted to cover.

O.K.?

This Tag-Along-Tank will be the same as previous builds.

We have a Catch-22 situation where I need an idea of how many tanks to order components for, but you need to know pricing before committing to order. My solution:
I will share pricing information as it becomes available to me, but I learned a valuable lesson during the previous group buy that we will apply right now.
Please state your level of commitment. There is plenty of information from previous group buys to have a ballpark estimate what the cost will be (adjust for inflation). Use that information, and the information I share in the next few days to post using one of these categories:

I'm in - costs be damned!

I'm in - If we get to a (five tanks for example) price break
I'm in - But, I don't want anyone to know (I'm adding an "anonymous" option. If you want in on the down low, PM me, email me, whatever.)

If you have questions, please ask.

Edit: January 16 2017

The price to participate in this:
$868.00 plus packaging and shipping.
$750.00 plus packaging and shipping if five are ordered

What is included:
• One Tag-Along Tank for GenII/GenIII FJR
• One Panel mount valve (McMaster-Carr P/N 4118T62)
• One 1/8" NPT X 5/16" elbow fitting (Edelmann P/N 831250)
• Three 1/8" NPT X 5/16" fittings (Edelmann P/N 820250)
• Two rubber bumpers for the tank's front supports (McMaster-Carr P/N 9310K124)
• One short length of 5/16" dia fuel line
• Two replacement bushings for the FJR's stock grabrail

What you will need:
• Your choice of JAZ/Wisco flush mount filler cap (JAZ P/N 350-201-06), or JAZ filler neck

Edit: January 19, 2017

This group buy has ended. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I edited the first post in this thread as well as updating the information about this specific group buy: <Link>

If you still have questions, please ask.

Here are the number of participants:

In - 2

In (conditionally) - 0

I'm going to get these two tanks built, right away.
I expect the lead time to be about four weeks for the build, and a little time after that for assembly, packaging and shipping.

Thank you for your interest.