• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Auxiliary Tank Group Buy (merged threads)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just barely made it to UPS before they closed.
Tomorrow I will add up the costs of packaging materials and shipping. I will get that to everyone along with their tracking number.
For now, it's late and I need to get up early.

Oh, and I will have to mail the replacement grabrail bushing first class mail. I forgot to package them with the tanks. I'm pretty sure first class mail will be faster than UPS ground, so even with a one day head start, everything should arrive about the same time.

received my tank and it is a work of art Joe. Thanks again for making this happen. I just to to heal up from knee surgery before I can work on hooking it up and mounting it on the bike

Hi Jim, I see you are in BL8 next year. I'll see you there, we can compare notes on our tank install.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I wasn't home to sign for my UPS delivery on Friday. I have had to change the delivery address to my work. I should be taking delivery on Tuesday.

Ho Hum.... still waiting.

Seattle, WA, United States

08/25/2015 4:14 A.M. Out For Delivery

08/25/2015 1:26 A.M. Arrival Scan Redmond, WA, United States

08/25/2015 1:01 A.M. Departure Scan Redmond, WA, United States

08/24/2015 9:49 P.M. Arrival Scan Everett, WA, United States

08/24/2015 9:09 P.M. Departure Scan

08/24/2015 5:15 A.M. We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay.

08/24/2015 4:52 A.M. The delivery change was completed. / The address has been corrected. The delivery has been rescheduled. Everett, WA, United States

08/21/2015 6:40 P.M. A delivery change for this package is in progress. / Your package will be delivered to an alternate address.

08/21/2015 1:53 P.M. The receiver was not available at the time of the first delivery attempt. A second attempt will be made.

08/21/2015 7:27 A.M. Out For Delivery

08/21/2015 6:19 A.M. Arrival Scan Redmond, WA, United States

08/21/2015 5:39 A.M. Departure Scan Redmond, WA, United States

08/20/2015 4:14 P.M. Arrival Scan Eagan, MN, United States

08/18/2015 2:42 A.M. Departure Scan Eagan, MN, United States

08/17/2015 9:38 P.M. Arrival Scan Minneapolis, MN, United States

08/17/2015 9:07 P.M. Departure Scan

08/17/2015 8:25 P.M. Origin Scan United States

08/17/2015 9:15 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I took the tank out of the box and she is a thing of beauty. I am not able to walk yet after knee surgery so it is just setting in the box and taunting me.

As soon as I got home I tried it on the bike for size. All looks good, waiting on some hardware from McMaster-Carr and some performance hoses and connections from Summit Racing. Decided to use a fuel pump with timer circuit.

I got some 40mm stainless steel bolts (92290A442), some plugs (4491K16), and a long T handle hex key (4973A47) from McMaster-Carr. My tank in now nice and solid. Discovered that I can only remove and replace my custom seat in the high position.

I used the corks from some of my favorite recreational beverages to plug the holes in mine.

GkKY14.jpg

Searched 12x13" bag on eBay. It's some kind of thinly padded electronic equipment bag. I cut the bottom out and it slips over the tank pretty well.

I'll see if I can find another one and post the link.

Hopefully someone in this group of 4 will record a video of drilling their tank and setting up the aux tank. I am still on the mend from knee surgery so it will be a while before I can set mine up.