Average age of FJR owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was just sitting here looking on the site thinking what would be the average age of the FJR owner. Could one of you survey guru's run a poll???. I would imagine most owners would be in there late 40's or early 50's but that's aguess mind you. I'm 52yrs.gazza
And here's the thing: the young kids on their crotchies -- they tend not to go too far on their rockets because they're not comfy. If they'd try one of these they'd love 'em. Also, the v-stroms are a most practical machine for anyone. Now I'm here in N. Mich., I sure wish I had my Strom 1000 or even the 650 for all the gravel and two trax up here. Havin' a ball on the NX650 honda though. Next bike(?), who knows (anyone have a tdm850 yamaha?)

I'm 17 :rolleyes: 67. Bought my '06 when I was 64.

18 :rolleyes: 68 this Thursday. Hope to keep riding for another few years yet.

:rolleyes: --- I wish. At least I'm above average in something :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
50yr's here and my 75yr old daddy has been giving my bike the eye ball lately. Sure would like to get him rideing again.

Im turning 51 this December, I read in MCN IIFC that the avg age for FJR rider is 10 years younger than an Honda ST1300 rider and I think it was around 45 yo.

I am 45 and bought the 08 AE model by chance a year ago, had no clue about its superiority. It just happened to be at sales for a good price for such a beauty and I simply fell in love with it at test ride. Some time later I discovered the fjr forum and it turned out I am not alone...

Riding experience goes back to when I was 16 on a 175 cm3 Russian bike, then after getting married some 21 y ago it was a stop and now it then started again. What a difference!

Its interesting to see such a wide range of ages. Makes me feel better to see younger riders than me in here. My kids think I ride an old fogeeee bike. But they think the cool bikes to ride consist of seats that are 6 inches square, made out of one inch foam rapt in vinyl. A fuel range of less than 50 miles! And do cool burn-outs.

Its interesting to see such a wide range of ages. Makes me feel better to see younger riders than me in here. My kids think I ride an old fogeeee bike. But they think the cool bikes to ride consist of seats that are 6 inches square, made out of one inch foam rapt in vinyl. A fuel range of less than 50 miles! And do cool burn-outs.
A buddy of mine's 70 something dad went to a big bike rally where they had several manufactures offering test rides. He rides a Wing, and took a ride on a sport bike. When I asked him what he thought of it his reply was, "Now I know why they ride so fast. They can't wait to get where they're going, so they can get off that damn thing."

LOL.....

Looks like I am the third youngest here at 27. I've been riding since the YX600 I bought when I was 20. Bought the Ducati ST2 because I wanted something reliable (ha, not quite), then blew my knee and had to sell. Bought the Warrior so I could stretch the knees. Bought the FJR to do more distance. The only disappointment is that I may never own another bike. :wub: By the way, what is so old-fogee about 140+ hp?

41 and riding since the numbers were reversed! Still waiting on my FJR to come from Texas. This reminds me of when I was real little and peeked at my XMas present. Sucks. Been doing my feejr site to keep me occupied.

25 here when I bought the FJR. 26 when I sold her. :( I wish I'd of kept her, but I have a baby on the way and needed the extra cash! I did buy an FZ1 (paid cash for) which I want feel so bad about it being a garage queen....

43 (for a few more weeks). I sure get more questions and looks from the 40 something + crowd. Most of which riding cruisers (Harley and Metric).

I've had a few young Navy guys who own cruiser and sport bikes ask a few questions at work. But you could tell it was more of a "what the hell is it" type of query.