Average age of FJR owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
61. Been riding the XS11 for 33 years and started on a Kaw 250 46 years ago. Every new bike I had was better than the last one except the Kaw 500 triple that came after the BSA Firebird. Wish I still had that BSA. This FJR is by far the best so far.

Add another late 20's person. I have to say, most people here are probably over 40. But that just makes this place that much more a wealthy of information.

Picked my bike up last year I was 24 then am 25 now.....however I would have had one much sooner if I could have afforded one when they were new. I've wanted this bike since it came out.

At 66 I'm a great-grandma on an '03 - I wanted a bike that matched my haircolor. :rolleyes: Bought it new and consider it the best of eight bikes I've owned.

Kasey

Didn't we do this already? Many Times?

Turned 62 in July, Two offsping, one Granddaughter. BUT I AIN'T NOBODIES GRAY HAIRED OLD PAPPY! :angry2:

I'm senior citizen damnit, GIVE ME MY DISCOUNT! :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Just turned 43. Rode a mighty honda qa50 at the age of 7, then rode a v65 to seattle when I was 17 and spent the summer in southeast Alaska - bought a 07 new and have 35,000 on it. I feel like I'm just getting started though, my dad has well over a million miles riding a variety of bikes.

Am 67..been riding since age 12 on one two wheel contraption or another..the FJR is the latest..

Damn - I can't remember if I already posted in this thread and I'm too lazy to check. Does that make me old?

48 here and been riding steady for the last 6 years, had a Honda 400/4 SS 24 years ago that I rode for about three years.

Ian

43 at end of October. Cycle license since i was 21 but 09 FJR is the first bike i have owned and I only purchased it 18 months ago. Kept doing the responsible thing like house upgrades and feeding the kids. Kids need to diet and tired of working on the house. Irresponsible time for me!!!! Have not had time to do long rides due to the kids and my wife travels for work. Lot of 50-100 mile rides but love each one when I get the chance.

I'm 42 or 43, can't remember for sure

Being so old, I don't have enough patience (or life expectancy) to read through the 9 pages of responses to date. So has anyone compiled the data gathered in this post to actually arrive at an 'average age'?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 42 or 43, can't remember for sure

Being so old, I don't have enough patience (or life expectancy) to read through the 9 pages of responses to date. So has anyone compiled the data gathered in this post to actually arrive at an 'average age'?
Dang you whippersnappers.

My fuzzy math based on a few fuzzy answers:

121 respondents in this thread as of now. 5943 years reported. Average age = 49.1 years

Note: Did not use hearsay--(eg. I met a guy who was 73.) Used age as of now, did not round up--(eg. I'll be 60 in a few weeks--counted this as 59.)

Like I said, somewhat fuzzy.

Last edited by a moderator: