AZ 72/65 Hope, AZ to Parker, AZ 04/10/10

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slab Pig

Reaction score
Ride: 10-Apr-2010 AM

Keywords: AZ72, AZ65, Hope, Parker

Gas Available: Bouse

Direction: West/North

Construction: None

Posted Speed: 65

Smokeys Seen: zero

Flora: Low desert

Fauna Encounters: 0

Road Condition: Good two-laner. Mostly straight with a wide sweeper or two. Passing opportunities everywhere. Many un-posted washes run across the road through this stretch (and they look big!), so watch yourself if there's rain in the area.

Cars Passing Same Direction: none

Cars Passed Same Direction: few

Cars Passed Opposite Direction: low drip

Interesting Stop: Undiscovered/unknown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I am aware of this flaw and I'm resolved to fix it. I took a camera on two of my longer rides and, in 6500 miles, I think I have about 10 pictures to show for it. Biting off too much road at once, I think. Need to stop and smell the roses.

On another note, this is a road report, not a ride report. I thought someone coming from out of state might find them useful. Maybe nobody's really interested in the condition of a road. Plus construction can move in pretty fast.

Yes. I am aware of this flaw and I'm resolved to fix it. I took a camera on two of my longer rides and, in 6500 miles, I think I have about 10 pictures to show for it. Biting off too much road at once, I think. Need to stop and smell the roses.
On another note, this is a road report, not a ride report. I thought someone coming from out of state might find them useful. Maybe nobody's really interested in the condition of a road. Plus construction can move in pretty fast.
this is a great idea! Keep them coming!