BABBIT'S

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaper

Reaction score
If this is the wrong place for this admin. please feel free to move or delete this thread.

www.babbittsonline.com

On May 19,2009 around 9:50 AM I called and placed order with BABBIT

(Their order number is #240558) for a saddlebag that I scratched up in a tip-over. My insurance company told me the next day that they would acquire the saddlebag for me. So I called BABBIT customer support and canceled the order around 9:30 AM(less than 24 hours after placing it). The girl I talked to told me she had canceled the order, I thanked her and thought it was taken care of.

FOUR DAYS later, I get an E-mail from UPS that BABBIT had shipped the order (that day, even though it had been canceled). So I called BABBIT

customer support again and explained what had happened. That little girl (different one this time – said her name was Kewee I think) gave

me a cancellation number (#KMD0700) and told me to just return the order when it was delivered.

When UPS delivered the order, I had them return it to BABBIT.

But BABBIT charged me $140.64 (25%) RESTOCKING FEE.

If the first BABBIT customer support twit had canceled the order like she said she had, there would be no RESTOCKING necessary.

So, if you order anything from BABBIT, be sure it is exactly what you want. And if want it faster than the 10 to 14 days they advertise, just wait 24 hours and cancel the order, they’ll have it to you in a week.

I think I got ripped for $140.64 because of BABBIT’s incompetent customer support, what do you think?

I think I got ripped...because of BABBIT’s incompetent customer support, what do you think?
I think you should call back and ask for a supervisor or manager. Loose any attitude, simply explain what happened giving a time line with an accurate, complete history of all calls and correspondence. Without attitude, and ask them to waive the restocking fee. Give them a chance to do the right thing. If you want to pursue this farther you want to be in a position where you look like the reasonable party. If you open the remediation process with ultimatums, demands and attitude neither the business nor the courts will look favorably on your case. If your opening call is unsatisfactory, ask to speak to someone higher up in the business. Keep good records of dates, times, people and the conversations.

If you reach an agreement ask them to email or mail you a letter stating the terms of the agreement. If it isn't written, it was never said.

Thanks guys for the input:

I called Babbit customer support and explained the situation to them. Their answer is: “Once an order is placed, it CAN NOT be canceled only returned and a 25% restocking fee will be charged. NO EXCEPTIONS.

I called my CC company and they contacted Babbit and were told the same thing.

Thanks guys for the input:
I called Babbit customer support and explained the situation to them. Their answer is: “Once an order is placed, it CAN NOT be canceled only returned and a 25% restocking fee will be charged. NO EXCEPTIONS.

I called my CC company and they contacted Babbit and were told the same thing.
Guess where I won't be buying anything! Thanks for the heads up.

It does suck, However I own my own shop & if someone calls us to order something & its coming to you if I drop ship or to me if I dont we cant stop it!! So either we eat it to it sells or we ship it it back & get A credit no money. So what Iam trying to say it sucks for everybody!!!

Yup, I've never had any luck canceling an order ANYWHERE. Since the insurance company is always sure to jerk me around and change their mind multiple times, I don't ever do anything until it's all settled and the check is in my hand or whatever.

Ion's advice is on point, although my personality wants to start eating ass right off the bat. Sure the first call or two is cordial, but after that.....

Glad to know they are a bunch of butt-tards. Won't be ordering anything ever from that crowd of clowns! Sorry you got ripped off like that.

I've placed 3 or 4 orders with them. I've always had great service. But then again I didn't try to cancel my order... It's not THEY changed their policy to screw with YOU.

If you paid with a credit card you could also do a charge back. They would then have to justify the charge to the credit card company.