Bad news for me

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been there too. My ex said "it's either me or the bike". The bike loves to be ridden hard and often. It was a no brainer. :yahoo:

Now I'm with a woman who liked riding on the back of my SV650 so much that she offered to pay for half of an FJR so we could tour two-up. Have faith brother....the right one is out there for you.

Sorry to hear the bad news. Six years ago when I was living in Mississippi my wife walked out on me due to a severe financial crisis we were going through. Within 6 months she was re-married. I had no where to live and no money because my job panned out. I was searching for another one and had to do contract jobs here and there to make ends meet since I was having difficulty finding employment. Because I took all the debt (I was stupid) eventually I wound up filing bankruptcy less than two years ago. Since the split I moved several times, doing odd jobs from delivering pizzas to contract accounting work to stay afloat, and driving a car with over 200k miles on it. At times my friends had to buy groceries for me since I didn't even have money to pay for utilities.

Since June 2007 I have moved to Colorado. Now I'm living in a beautiful mountain town outside Denver, working as a Controller with a nice salary, driving a sweet 4x4 4Runner, and tomorrow my new 2007 FJR is being delivered to my house. I'm making new friends and re-building my life. No, it's not about the stuff cuz I've gone years without anything. But when I was without the stuff I worked out the unfinished busniness within me and dealt with my issues. So now that I'm able to have the goodies, it makes it even sweeter cuz I'll be carving up the mountain roads outside my door without all the former-inner pain bothering me.

I've walked through hell and made it to the other side... and so can you.

Lawyers, therapists, blah, blah blah...your best days are still ahead of you!

You need one of these soon:

72unps4.jpg

Conditions:

She can spend the night all she wants, but she can't move in.

She's only allowed to bring clothes and a toothbrush.

You don't marry her.

Like a lot of others BTDT and got the T-shirt. My divorce cost me 300k and that was in 81. I ended up with a VW bus, a Snap On tool box and two kids. I have been remarried for 20+ years and have two kids that love me and can't stand their biological mom and still have the tool box. Life gets better so hang in there. :)

You know why divorces are so expensive?

Because they are worth it!

I went through a divorce 4 years ago, fortunately no kids so it was just an accounting issue.

Yeah, I got raped...so what, "I'll make more, buy more, and most of all, not have to share it with you!"

Once the pain is gone, you will realize that marriage is severely over rated

God's speed, things will get better!

Sorry to hear your about your misfortune Tru.My first spouse has now been married six times and still aint got it right.Myself I have stood at the alter half that amount.I am blessed now with a wonderful wife of four years and surprised me with my FJR last February.She has no desire to ride pillion and is happy for my mistress to be Yama-Mama.Just find yourself a beater to get around on or a Ural.At least you can ride them in the snow!

"One question, just because I know women, any chance you have a pretty fair sized life insurance policy? I...I...I...don't mean nuttin, just curious."

Are you suggesting that he check the brake lines for cuts, and rotors for grease, before he sells the FJR to some poor sucker?

Throwning up ashes on the floor

If this is a lesson in love

Well whats it for?

The heart will remember

The burning fire

The next time you feel the flame

Of desire

Good luck with your post marriage life. Keep the bike, it will be good therapy.

TruWrecks:

Like you and others, BTDT. Hope things turn out for you in the future, and the FJR is back in your stable soon.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling and taking the altitude surging problem by the horns and presenting the issue to Yamaha. After a two week wait, tonight my local dealer informed me my replacement ECU is in and they will replace it this coming Monday. None too soon as next week will probably be the last week of riding in MN before the really cold temps and snow set in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lawyers, therapists, blah, blah blah...your best days are still ahead of you!
You need one of these soon:

72unps4.jpg

Conditions:

She can spend the night all she wants, but she can't move in.

She's only allowed to bring clothes and a toothbrush.

You don't marry her.
Think those are real, and secondly, does it matter??? But always remember this one simple truth: no matter how good she looks, there's some guy somewhere that's tired of putting up with her shit!

Hope everything works out, TruWrecks! If you find yourself down Portland way anytime in the near future, give me a shout. As an '07 owner, I owe you a beer or 10 at the very least!

Sorry Man ............... BTDT times 2, and duly raped twice over ----------- but brought me to where I am now ,, happily married to my Debs. Shit happens but there are truly amazing comebacks.

Hang tight..

This too shall pass Tru. Thats what good friends told me when I was going through it (ended up leaving with just my clothes, car, and guitar) -- cost me mega $$$ -- but now life is better than ever and life is good. Just takes time.

Got me back into riding bikes, and my 05 FJR. Hang in there - "THIS TOO SHALL PASS" :good:

Jay

Two possible considerations:

1. Sell your FJR to a buddy you can trust for a REAL good price. Give her half of the REAL good price. When the divorce is final, buy back the bike, you will only need to come up with her half which will be small because of the REAL good price. You have to go through the actual sale including transfer of title and all. Court isn't going to second guess you unless you sell it for a song.

2. Two words: Antenuptial Agreement...............spend a little upfront and save a hell of a lot on the back end. ;)

Good luck brother. Been there and done that number twice. Don't think about the money, the lawyers and the ex get it all anyway. She sounds like a pro. Just stay strong, and before you know it, time has healed you. You will be riding again, and may just find that perfect pillion, like I did.

I really do appreciate the support. The FJR is already gone, but I know where to find it if this all pans out before it sells. When all is done I'm buying my, or another FJR and an 08 Busa. Those should give me miles of smiles. Until the court is final, life sucks. Then life will still suck because I know she won't left me spend any time with the boys.

Doug,

Sorry to hear of the impending divorce.

FWIW you are not alone, I do feel for you as I too had a similar situation.

May I suggest that you "hide" the bike and then say it was stolen (I don't like telling lies) - :) )

You can always leave it in my covered garage here "down South".

The only people who win in divorce matters are the lawyers, who only want "their slice of the pie".

Hope it works out for you, take care and above else know what you did for the kids. The "other half" will have her time and place for the situation she has decided to put you in.

PM me if you need any help with the bike or want to ride my Feejer on a day off ( I have another steed in the stable).

You know how the old saying goes: You can't live with them and you can't live without them!. Too bad about you're bike.

"I want to take her on vacation with me,

Out in the middle of the deep blue sea.

With large pipe wrench and a bag of cement,

She just might have a little accident."

:argue: :diablo: :butcher: :grin:

Last edited by a moderator: