• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BarEnders Helmet Lock Group Buy is over

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SierraFJR

Reaction score
[SIZE=18pt]This Group Buy is over.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]BarEnder.Com Helmet Lock Solution[/SIZE]
Logo4.gif

BarEnder by Wilhosch,LLC offers a product that is an elegant solution to the FJR issue of no external means to lock your expensive lid while you are away.
mybikes%20009b.jpg
mybikes%20001b.jpg

Their product replaces your current bar ends with shiney new bar weights that double as helment locks. These locks help eliminate unwanted vibration, but also give you a spiffy way to lock up 1 or 2 helmets (depending on the product you choose). No more stolen, kicked or melted helmets.

They have recently received a positive write up in Rider Magazine.

Take a look at their website: BarEnder.com for more information.

The fine folks at BarEnder.com have agreed to provide a 10% discount to the first 15 members from FJRForum that order per this group buy. They will provide me a discount code that I will provide via PM to the first 15 people that commit to buying on the group buy. I will provide that list of screen names to my contact at BarEnders to use as a double check. Orders will be placed directly with BarEnders.com.

The limitations are as follow:

- 10% Discount is good for one "item" of BarEnders.com offering per person: (ie. Single, Single with Dummy or Dual). Additional items will be at regular cost.

- Discount is limited to FJRForum Members only. (please do not share or post the discount code with others)

- Orders are for shipment in the Continental US only.

- Normal Shipping charges and any applicable taxes will apply.

- This Discount will expire after the first 15 have placed their orders or on April 30th, whichever comes first.

If you are interested in taking advantage of the buy, please reply to this post. (No PMs Please) This post will be the official and only method I will use to determine sequence and Group Buy cut off. Please indicate in your reply that YES...you would like to purchase. I will monitor and maintain the list as well as PM you the discount code and transmit the verification to my contact at BarEnder.com. You will be responsible for completing the transaction directly with www.Barender.com before April 30th.

Please note: I do not have the authority to extend the quantity nor the time frame so if you want one of these for your FJR or other bike, please act accordingly.

[SIZE=14pt]OK Now lets start the buy:[/SIZE] :yahoo:

Official List:

1) Sierra FJR

2) AuburnFJR

3) Niehart

4) oldthirtythree

5) Beamer Reamer

6) FJRPat

7) Skooterq

8) GalaxyBlue

9) Draggon Rider

10) Recreate

11) Road Runner

12)

13)

14)

15)

Last edited by a moderator:
When I bought my 04 last year, it came with either these, or something very similar to them, on the bike. I'm pretty sure mine came from Aerostitch. Regardless, their great and I use them all the time!

Little tip, cut a piece of 3/8" fuel line and slip it over the key, it'll keep it from flapping in the wind and marking up your triple.

Great tip Bunge. Yep. Same product. Per my contact at BarEnder; Aerostitch sells them and is BarEnder's exclusive dealer for shipments outside of the CONUS.

Their product replaces your current bar ends with shiney new bar weights that double as helment locks. These locks help eliminate unwanted vibration, but also give you a spiffy way to lock up 1 or 2 helmets (depending on the product you choose). No more stolen, kicked or melted helmets.
Do they work with G2 throttle tube on an AE?

10% off of what what original price? I'm interested in two locks, but I can't find info on the cost. I looked at the company's link. OK it's Friday, and I'm tired, but need a hand. Thanks.

10% off of what what original price? I'm interested in two locks, but I can't find info on the cost. I looked at the company's link. OK it's Friday, and I'm tired, but need a hand. Thanks.
Per their application chart the FJR uses a 6MM unit. Part numbers are:

BE-6A Lock Only = $ 43.68 Regular Price

BE-6B Lock with Dummy End No Shaft = $ 62.35 Regular Price

BE-6C Lock and Shaft Keyed Alike (2 Locks) = 87.26 Regular Price

Price is found under the "Buy Now" from their website....once you open up the 6mm drop down window

Good Question. I just sent them an email to be certain. I will post the reply. Given the holiday, they may not respond until Monday.

FYI... I have a 07 A with the G2 Tube and have no ill effects or fitment issues with the stock ends.....not sure the difference between the AE and the standard A. Maybe somebody else may be able to help while we wait on the BarEnder response.

Good Question. I just sent them an email to be certain. I will post the reply. Given the holiday, they may not respond until Monday.

FYI... I have a 07 A with the G2 Tube and have no ill effects or fitment issues with the stock ends.....not sure the difference between the AE and the standard A. Maybe somebody else may be able to help while we wait on the BarEnder response.

Johndaub,

Here is the response from BarEnder regarding your G2 on an AE question. I hope it helps.

I am not familiar with a G2 throttle tube. As long as it is still a 6mm thread for the bar end weight and it doesn't stick out farther than the end of the bar it should be OK. If the stock bar end weights are used with it there shouldn't be a problem.

Larry Wilson

Barender Locks

4463 Cherokee St. #200

Acworth, GA. 30101

Tel/Fax 404-250-6288

www.barender.com