Batteryplus experience + or -?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swear by Yuasa batteries.
I swear AT them. After spending upward to 3 times the price of other batteries, they're the only brand to ever repeatedly leave me stranded (on other bikes - I quit using them by the time I got the FJR). Each time it was fine. Stopped for gas/break. Got back on and [click][click] dead; shorted/cracked plates is the consensus.

Last edited by a moderator:
BatteryPlus batteries changed a few years ago to their house brand.Not as impressed with the Extreme.

I'd go with the Yuasa from Amazon for $95
That means we won't have to back track through rush hour traffic in 90+ degree weather to get you one again?

I swear by Yuasa batteries.
I swear AT them. After spending upward to 3 times the price of other batteries, they're the only brand to ever repeatedly leave me stranded (on other bikes - I quit using them by the time I got the FJR). Each time it was fine. Stopped for gas/break. Got back on and [click][click] dead; shorted/cracked plates is the consensus.
I don't think you are getting any extra assurance with a Yuasa either. All batteries eventually fail and it is usually inconvenient when they do.

Hard to argue with the OEM battery. Sold my 2008 last year with the original battery still going strong.

FYB

I was going to take the high road on this, dickhead.

Oh yeah the Extreme just up and died when Mr. Wonderfull showed up to go on an adventure.

He probably has pictures, he made me pose with jumper cables. He was so supportive of my misfortune.

FYB

You had loose cables Bounce. You were just uninitiated then and didn't know what was really wrong.
no.gif
Wasn't an issue on Gold Wings. Make sure they're set (and clean) during installation. Hands free until next battery. Easy to peak at them any time by pulling the left (clutch) side panel under the seat.

These were documented failures by many people over many years and limited to Yuasa.

FYB
I was going to take the high road on this, dickhead.

Oh yeah the Extreme just up and died when Mr. Wonderfull showed up to go on an adventure.

He probably has pictures, he made me pose with jumper cables. He was so supportive of my misfortune.

FYB
Wow Mike...tell us how you really feel...sounds like somebody needs a cigar and some single malt.

I have had good luck with my BatteryPlus battery...so far. I guess I'll find out when I go to start it next week.

My bottomline is that Battery + has provided excellent customer service at the 3 different stores I've dealt with in three MT cities. But, I will not buy their inhouse brand (X-treme) again. I will by a Yusa or Odyssey brand from them. Paying a bit more is worth it to know I can ride in with a problem with a battery and leave 20 minutes later with a new one.

Had batteries + in my sv650 4 years and still working. Replaced the shorai I had in the fjr 2 months ago. 3years on the shorai but I had rectifier problems 2 years ago.

I was planning on replacing my battery this year, simply because it is the original (07) ... it works the same as it always has, and I have always used a tender for each winter storage ... but this topic is like tires ... just doesn't seem to be a consensus.

different conditions for both tires and batteries. Temperatures, storage riding time and so forth are all different so i would expect there to be different experiences.

I've had 2 Genii's and never replaced a battery. Sold the last one Jan 2014. I have always kept my batteries on a tender when not riding and when the bike is in my garage. I do the same on the second car that is seldom driven. I believe keeping the battery fully charged will extend the battery's life. Since I have never had other than OEM batteries, I can not speak for how a tender will extend the life of after market batteries.

I've had 2 Genii's and never replaced a battery. Sold the last one Jan 2014. I have always kept my batteries on a tender when not riding and when the bike is in my garage. I do the same on the second car that is seldom driven. I believe keeping the battery fully charged will extend the battery's life. Since I have never had other than OEM batteries, I can not speak for how a tender will extend the life of after market batteries.
Agreed. I load tested the OEM battery in my '07 yesterday and it's still good. Been on a Tender any time it's in the garage. Same with a 4 -5 year old Westco in one of my Suzukis.

still got my cheap arsed ACDelco $26 from Amazon 2 yrs ago...still reads 12.7 after sitting for a few days....spins the starter like wild...wish I could get some more for that price.