BBG 3000 Ride To Mexico And Back - Join Us

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our BBG 3000 was a success, BBG's 42 & 43 are in the book. It was a true endurance ride due to the slowdowns we encountered on the first BBG, rain, accidents and construction. It was really the 400+ miles of rain that slowed us down. I checked our tracking and saw we had long stretches of sub BBG pace. Getting in to Mexico was easy, no one even came out at the border to look at our passports to see who was entering the country. There was a couple dudes with M16's once we entered the country but we just rode right past them. The return back across the border back into the US was another story. It took one hour even at 6 in the morning. The large speed bumps along with diesel and oil on the ground is not motorcycle friendly. It was tough keeping the bikes upright in the stop and go for an hour. We are going to write a ride report in the next few days but first I have to travel for work Monday and Tuesday.

Riding into mexico and back is on my bucket list. Trying to figure out the right crossing point, insurance carrier, and one-night lodging somewhere where my bike won't get stolen or stripped. Great thread.

Last edited by a moderator: