Beep Beep

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What horn? I think it is just a reminder that you have the horn button pressed. I only use the horn when someone is trying to change lanes into me. Guess I’ll probably have to install the really loud pair lying on my bench since ’04, I bought for my Gen1. Probably not! If they saved $2 for the rubber flap I had to buy for $8, I can understand why they saved $5 for one horn that I can buy for $22.79…Later,,,De
smile.png

It's half of that on GenII
if you power up the bike, press the cruise control button, then cycle thru the menus till you get to the grip warmer menu, then hold down the horn button, you can adjust the volume level with the UP or DOWN flip switch. Your welcome.

It's half of that on GenII
if you power up the bike, press the cruise control button, then cycle thru the menus till you get to the grip warmer menu, then hold down the horn button, you can adjust the volume level with the UP or DOWN flip switch. Your welcome.
I didn't know that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Erm, I think SouthernCruizer is a little early for the 1st of April.

my bad
rolleyes.gif
i blame it on the Crown Royal ....BE ADVISED...THERE IS NO ADJUSTABLE VOLUME HORN ON THE VENERABLE YAMAHA FJR 1300. ( maybe Gen 4 )??

Conversation overheard in my garage:

Rose (Wingabago): hey, Lucille. With you always parked behind me, the Old Man can't even see me.

Lucille (FJR): are you kidding? How could he miss you - the shadow of your ass must weigh at least 100 pounds.

Rose: you bitch! You think that just because you're newer, skinnier, faster and don't spend as much time on the battery tender...

Lucille: whadda you got that I don't?

Rose: a HORN!

I heard mine yesterday. I was down there changing the oil filter and thought "Hey. I wonder what the horn sounds like." So I turned on the ignition and pushed the button. I heard it.

Of course, I cheated. I was in a closed, quiet shop, with no helmet or ear protection, and my head was 18" from it.

Now, I want to know -- how many will admit to trying SouthernCruizer's instructions?
smile.png

I just replaced mine yesterday with a PIAA sport. Even got to use it today when a someone decided it was alright to try ease his way into my lane over the course of 1 mile. Loud enough or him to hear it at highway speeds.

I just replaced mine yesterday with a PIAA sport. Even got to use it today when a someone decided it was alright to try ease his way into my lane over the course of 1 mile. Loud enough or him to hear it at highway speeds.
Got a link for the one you used?

Here's the link to PIAA's site. I got the slim line 400/500Hz combo. The 500Hz is designed to go on the left hand side. Since my 2013 doesn't come with the right hand side wire and bracket, I'm still working a way to add the other one.

Here's the link to PIAA's site. I got the slim line 400/500Hz combo. The 500Hz is designed to go on the left hand side. Since my 2013 doesn't come with the right hand side wire and bracket, I'm still working a way to add the other one.
I don't know the FJR very well yet, but it's sometimes better to use the stock horn wire to fire a relay and power the horns off an auxiliary wire or directly off the battery through that relay.

Who uses a horn? by the time you screw around and hit a horn button you've already booked passage in somebody's trunk........haven't used my horn in 50 years.........most likely never will...........and bah humbug!...........lol