Big Bear Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay Slappy, I just got my kitchen pass and will meet up with you at the Temecula stop at 8:00am. I am way overdue for a good ride. I will get the bike in for maintenance on Friday morning and that should make it real fun. Besides that, MsNascar had me at brownies.... :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay Slappy, I just got my kitchen pass and will meet up with you at the Temecula stop at 8:00am. I am way overdue for a good ride. I will get the bike in for maintenance on Friday morning and that should make it real fun. Besides that, MsNascar had me at brownies.... :yahoo:
Alright LLFJRP!!! Long time no ride buddy! Look forward to seeing you at the main brownie stop in Redlands. ;)

anyone have a route for this?

R
No, but you can make one if you'd like, I'd use it. :D No real route needed though, Either Temecula or Redlands stop, then off to the eatery up 38 to 18. I'm taking 18 down, that's always fun. I'm just plugging in the addresses.

Got the OK,

lookin forward to seeing you guys.
Great!! :clapping:

Slappy will be so Happy!!! :yahoo:

anyone have a route for this?

R
Richard, just ride behind FJRBluesman and johnny80s, they ride at the same pace that you do.
Is that pace fast, or Humm, I think I will paint the ceiling blue slow?
Any other Valleyites on the fence, please buck up and join us at the 7-11. All welcome with our group. More riding, less drama.

So which route are you thinking about??????

THIS

THIS

OR THIS?

R

I don't know if Gerry will be checking in before tomorrow, so I'll take a stab at this. I think he was talking about either your second or third option, but he wanted to wait until the ride to finalize it. Part of the unorganized thing I guess.

I have done some rough calculations for the Valleyites:

From my house in the valley to the Redlands stop off of Orange, 1.5 hours. That puts us there at 9:30am.

Leave there at 9:45am, and on up the 38 to Big Bear for lunch, 1 hour, so that puts us at lunch at 10:30am to 11:00am.

From lunch spot (noon, approx 1 hour) go on to Arrowhead, which should be 36 minutes, so after a bathroom break, that puts us leaving Arrowhead at 1:00pm.

From Arrowhead down to the 210, add 24 minutes, or call it 1:30pm.

Then 1.5 hours home, so 3:00pm ish. That still gives us 2 hours to be late for one reason or another (fighting for brownies, discussing why walnuts need to be in brownies, telling stories) and still make it back by 5:30pm.

Can anybody shoot holes in this best guess to help us out?

Looking forward to this.

Lew

P.S. Temperatures tomorrow:

Redlands, 86 Degrees F

Big Bear City, 72 degrees F, perfect!!

I have done some rough calculations for the Valleyites:...

...Can anybody shoot holes in this best guess to help us out?
Dayumm, that's awful organized for an unorganized kinda ride. Aren't you the feller putting the exlax in the brownies...?

Keepin' my eye on this one...

:D

Oh Man do I wish I could make this ride tomorrow, if I wasn't stiff and sore from my Torrey, Utah deer strike yesterday I would ride over to participate in this rolling M/C goat fuck!

Anytime you can get FJRBluesman, johnny80s and Neil San Diego all on the same ride together you have a "Soup Sandwich Supreme"! This is going to be a "Perfect Storm" run!

THIS

THIS

OR THIS?

R
I don't know if Gerry will be checking in before tomorrow, so I'll take a stab at this. I think he was talking about either your second or third option, but he wanted to wait until the ride to finalize it. Part of the unorganized thing I guess.
I'm probably doing THIS. I mean Option 2.
I wish beemerdons could be there on his new BMW truck. :dribble:

THIS

THIS

OR THIS?

R
I'm probably doing THIS. I mean Option 2.
I wish beemerdons could be there on his new BMW truck. :dribble:
I am kinda favoring the Option 3 route. It will get us down the mtn quicker so MsNASCAR and I can add to the end of the route, up and over Idywild, pass Anza to 79 and back home to Temecula.

I have done some rough calculations for the Valleyites:

From my house in the valley to the Redlands stop off of Orange, 1.5 hours. That puts us there at 9:30am.

Leave there at 9:45am, and on up the 38 to Big Bear for lunch, 1 hour, so that puts us at lunch at 10:30am to 11:00am.

From lunch spot (noon, approx 1 hour) go on to Arrowhead, which should be 36 minutes, so after a bathroom break, that puts us leaving Arrowhead at 1:00pm.

From Arrowhead down to the 210, add 24 minutes, or call it 1:30pm.

Then 1.5 hours home, so 3:00pm ish. That still gives us 2 hours to be late for one reason or another (fighting for brownies, discussing why walnuts need to be in brownies, telling stories) and still make it back by 5:30pm.

Can anybody shoot holes in this best guess to help us out?

Looking forward to this.

Lew

P.S. Temperatures tomorrow:

Redlands, 86 Degrees F

Big Bear City, 72 degrees F, perfect!!

Damn 1.5 hours to do 88 miles?????? may be you should be riding with Johhn80's.....

By the way I love shooting holes in things...

R