Big Farkles Completed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
20140306_163007_zpsppexsibc.jpg

Yamaha Touring Windscreen

MV Risers

Yamaha Hand Protector thingies

Canyon Cages/Bag Protectors

Givi MV47 with Admore Tailight Kit

Rear Wheel shock proyector Rubber Flap

Still to do

Stiffy

RD MT

TomTom Rider - On Order

Rivco Highway Pegs - On Order

As long you are having fun installing your farkles, keep them coming! Nothing like making your ride truly yours!

How effective are those Yamaha hand guards?
Don't know, the threads I read while researching them led me to believe they help and seem to be easy on and off.

there is still a sheet of ice on the street in front of my house so I didn't get to ride today.

Sunday is loopking good however, may try to put on a few hundred miles if it is above 50F

How effective are those Yamaha hand guards?
I have install them and i want to say that these two plastic covers works unbelievable well!!Works perfect!!In the wind and in the rain..

Perhaps they have designed these in an air tunel..

I installed them in my Gen 1 in combination with Gen 2 mirrors and i am very happy!

Also in combination with the Laminar Lip on the stock windshield the wind protection is perfect for me!

Here is my thread about:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/155375-gen-2-mirrors-with-oem-knuckle-visors-installed-in-my-gen-1-bike-pictures/

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the front of your cowl below the radiator you might want to consider adding a Pyramid Plastics Fenda Extenda and a Cox Radiator Guard to your 'to do' list... inexpensive protection for the cowl and radiator...

Bikes looking nice congrats on all the farkling.

I have the mirror hand guards as well, they do help but maybe not as much as V Storm type.

I have those knuckle guards on my '13. They're very effective mainly for the back of the hands. I use them in conjunction with the Yami touring shield.

Nice looking bike. I second the thought of adding the radiator guard. Several choices available. I went with the Cox.

Thanks for your suggestions, will add both rad protector and fenda extenda.

The hand guards and Yami touring with dscreen work well together.

Think I'm close to finished with mine as well Big John....

Cox radiator cover

Stiffy kit

Hyper Lites

Spot

Shad top case mount

Pelican topcase large and small

Canyon Cage engine guards

Canyon Cage bag guards

Alaska Leather Butt Pad

Zumo 450 and mount

Battery Bug

Fuse Block mounted in Pelican Case

Denali 1 LED lites and under mirror mounts

Clearwater Darla LED lites and mounts

Speed Bleeders

Valentine 1 with auxiliary audio and Marc Parnes remote alert

Cee Bailey windscreen

Laminar Lip

Givi Easy Lock Tankbag

Custom brake pedal

Peg lowering kit

Wunderlich shifter extension

Mirror extenders

Aero Flow headlight protectors

Heli Bars

V Strom Hand Guards

Vibranator Bar end weights

Sliders for Canyon Cages, on the list

Front Fender Extender

I decided I needed some lights and mounts and controller. The lights got here today. May not get the stuffy, RD MT, lights, Fuze block FZ1, or anything else done until I return from Japan in May.

SWMBO and I are leaving for LA on Wed via Portland OR to see my son, then to Yuba City CA to see my Dad, depart LA on Apr 3rd aboard Sapphire Princess.

Arrive Osaka JA on Apr 29th, then a week in Japan before flying back to LAX on May 6th.

Daughter gets MBA on May 10th. Might be able to resume farkeling on May 11th. :)