Bike im looking at

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2004 fjr 1300 abs11,000 miles

Very nic cosmetic conditikn

Topcase givi

Bar risers otherwise stock

Im reading on here about cct, ticking etc. with this year what all do i need to look at whwn checking the bike out
I think I can push it more than 11K in 12 years of ownership.

Big bummer is my phone wont fit in the glovebox... Im looking to get some sort of mount for it anyway. Have a powered tom tom mount with the bike might use one of themAlready at the shop for tires, inspection, and fluids. Wont have her back until middle of the week
Enjoy your new machine..... there are good options out there for mounting phones - Ram XGrip works great for my bike.

Not my pic or bike, but I run the same. Works great with my large LG G4 with Extended Battery

maxresdefault.jpg

Mount ball here on left handlebar.

2013-07-31+18.24.33.jpg

Also be sure to look through all the stuff guys on the forum here make for the FJR, some excellent stuff out there for ya.....

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/forum/107-groupself-buys-read-special-rules/

Check out the Big Foot and Ram Bone

Last edited by a moderator:
[Thread Jacked]

I liked the X-Mount until the little rubber bumpers slid off from vibration and I look down and the phone is cocked a little sideways in the cradle and one bumper is missing. $5 later I got 4 replacement bumpers but put the X-Mount back in the car and left it there. I replaced it on the bike with the RAM-HOL-PD3U which is more secure (and less expensive).

Then I see they have this new technology called a "GDS" Dock which makes charging while riding more feasible but it's more expensive than both those. First you purchase an "IntelliSkin" (which has an integrated power connector molded directly into bottom of the Intelliskin case. Then you buy the "GDS" Dock and mount that on the bike. The two fit together making for a nice sturdy mount and you get charged while docked. Cool.

Looks like a better solution **IF** you need to charge and ride.

[/End Thread Jack]

I have used the X-Grip now for 5 years I think - I have had those rubber things slide outward, but if you just pay attention to them when you install your phone or remove it and push them back in "IF" they start to wander you should never loose one of them.... In fact - this is the first time I have ever read someone had an issue.

Either way that other cradle ^^^ he posted looks like it would work just as nice, but I have never had an issue with the Xgrip

I bought my X-grip within the last year and it included instructions (I actually read them and followed them) that suggested super gluing the rubbers on. Good idea.

BTW, op, you'll love that bike if you don't already. I'd like to have a red 14, but see no other reason than red to upgrade.

Bike was in the shop getting tires pr4 gt. But now that i have it back im loving it. The only -ONLY- thing i miss about the sabre is that 27" seat height when parking. Even though it was heavier i could kick it around much easier. Im on my toes with the fjr and cant kick it backwards unless i have a gravity assist. Im only 5'9

What do you do with your phone/X-mount/X-grip when it starts raining?
I carry a zip lock bag (quart size) in the glove box. When rain starts falling I put its rain coat on or I stick it in the smuggler (still in the zip lock) second layer of water protection.

Anomic posted: <snipped> Im on my toes with the fjr and cant kick it backwards unless i have a gravity assist.
Once you get more accustomed to the weight of the bike, you can wobble it left and right as you back up, allowing your feet to sit more firmly on the pavement.