Black Hills FJR Roundup 2015 - So Far So Good - a few pictures

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A great time and one of the best steaks ever.

Home safe and sound. Made it to West Yellowstone Sunday. Called home to find out the place was on fire and my daughter was evacuated for safety. All is well, fire made it to about 1000 yards from home. 20 homes lost and two businesses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made it home yesterday afternoon....700 + miles. Left Butte Montana Monday morning at about 4 am in the dark. Trying to avoid the heat... It was in the 90's going through Spokane at at about 8:30. Got out to the Island and the temp was 76 degrees. Nice to be home....Great to see some old friends and to make some new ones....Lots more grey hair in this group....Thanks to John for organizing and putting this event on.... Rich

Home safe Sunday evening. Great weather on the way home to top off a great weekend. Thanks John for putting this event together. Always great to put faces to the forum handles. After I download what few photos I have, I'll post any that warrant posting.

Made it home in about 9 hours...with the 3rd gremlin of the trip rearing its head...hopefully I am all done with problems now...power supply for my GPS crapped the bed on Thursday...lost the Yamaha emblem off the right saddlebag on Saturday...and picked up a screw on the way home requiring a plug to finish the trip...other than those it was a fantastic trip! Those of you who missed it...missed a great event. Thanks to Big John for organizing the event!

Made it home at 5:10pm yesterday. I picked up another bike (he tagged along behind me), a gsxr, for the last 80 miles. He was quite surprised at how well the big Feejer can maneuver through traffic and pass multiple cagers with just a twist of the wrist.

Made it home at 1:30 today. Was gona take the scenic route across the Cherohala Skyway, but it was raining up there, so I slabbed. Plenty of other opportunities to get back there since I now live just down the road.
smile.png

Got home 1:15 today. 3508 miles of smiles. Was great to see everyone and a big thanks to John for setting it up.

Got home on the 28th safely after waking up at 0500?!? (The alarm was set for 0800) I decided to just shoot home. I then got to do 'backed up' honey-do lists for a day, now working for a couple days, but taking the family camping in the hills for the fourth. After I get back I will try and edit my gopro videos I shot into something hopefully somewhat presentable and post it.

Ride safe, thanks John for a great event.

Made it home at 16:00 today. Everybody told me Chicago traffic would be bad but while it was heavy it moved right along.

Toronto on the other hand was all screwed up. I had the traffic & weather on the ones on AM680 just to find out that the 401 was blocked on both the collectors and express coming in from the west. Made the decision to send the big bucks and take the toll road over the top of the city. That will be at least a $30 toll when I get the bill in the mail. Otherwise I would probably still be stuck in traffic.

Great job by Big John pulling everything together for this ride and look forward to doing it again next year.

I made it to Boise in two 500 mile days. Am spending the day with friend Brent and will leave for Salem tomorrow. That will make the trip over 3000 miles.

Half of each day was spent in temperatures in the ninties I am not a very good hot weather rider.

"Fly Bye" took me out to breakfast this morning and to Albertsons to do some shopping for Brent. He was very sorry that he was unable to attend the rally.

Brent is still a working man and is going to serve his famous slow cooked meatloaf tonight. Will be heading for Salem in the morning.

A good time was had by all and John did a great job of organizing and running the event. Festar and others also did a great job handling the Saturday steak dinner. Everything tasted great.

^ New Gin commercial rip off from the old coffee commercial--- 'good to the last drop'

I got home today, the last 400 miles before noon, cuz it was supposed to hit 108o in Sac! Didn't, but still 96o. Coming into Ely, NV yesterday, and after a long and damn hot day across Utah, I was tickled pink to see rain falling--dead ahead. Rode into it and stayed in it for at least 20 miles, and I was never happier to ride in the rain!

I'll get some pics up sooner or later, but just want to repeat, BIG thanks to Big John for spearheading this whole thing, to Kevin and Brian for standing over that hot grill, and to everybody for coming. Great to see old friends, and great to meet new ones. So many highlights, but one--definitely--was NOT: riding down the gorgeous Chief Joseph Highway . . . behind a freaking pilot car! On the plus side, though, it's beautifully re-paved now. Those ugly Tar Snakes are history!

Great rally, great roads and great people. Super effort BigJohn. Too many people to mention individually who made it special plus I can't remember everyone's name.. If you turned up you made it special.

Now where do I go now?

Latest posts