Blue Flame EVO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdfeejer

Reaction score
I may be deemed as crazy for asking this but has anyone ever gone to a muffler shop to have the catalytic convertors replaced with a welded straight pipe instead of going the new header route? I'm looking at a set of Blueflame exhaust slip-ons and was thinking of getting the cats replaced with a welded straight pipe. Just an idea at this point!!

In addition, I'm assuming there's no issues in just installing the new Blueflame slip-ons with my stocl exhaust without the need for a powercommander or a new mapping???

Thanks... :ph34r: :assassin:

Do a search for the cat thing......someone just posted several weeks ago on that exact deal. His operation was also a success.

Did I just join the search nazi party?

My Blueflame Dual Port EVO's slipped right onto my stock pipes. No problems. I didn't have my PCIII hooked up yet when I installed my pipes. However, now that it is and has been mapped it runs even smoother. Just an FYI, I'm using the Wally Smoothness map that can be found on here.

My Blueflame Dual Port EVO's slipped right onto my stock pipes. No problems. I didn't have my PCIII hooked up yet when I installed my pipes. However, now that it is and has been mapped it runs even smoother. Just an FYI, I'm using the Wally Smoothness map that can be found on here.

thompsonian - hey, I've been looking at the Blueflame's but have been holding back because I like the looks of the two brothers m5's as well. I guess my question is, how loud are the blue flames? I wouldn't be putting myself back in "cruiserland" would I? I had some Bub Jug Huggers on my Vstar and they were just too loud.

thanks

I may be deemed as crazy for asking this but has anyone ever gone to a muffler shop to have the catalytic convertors replaced with a welded straight pipe instead of going the new header route? I'm looking at a set of Blueflame exhaust slip-ons and was thinking of getting the cats replaced with a welded straight pipe. Just an idea at this point!!
In addition, I'm assuming there's no issues in just installing the new Blueflame slip-ons with my stocl exhaust without the need for a powercommander or a new mapping???

Thanks... :ph34r: :assassin:

I put a full Holeshot Exhaust system on my '04 which involved removing the cat. In addition, you have to remove the O2 sensor. So, I'm wondering if you replace the cat with straight pipe, how it would affect the O2 sensor. When I did the entire mod, I did not put a PCIII on for two weeks and the bike ran great. I put the PCIII on so it could be dyno'd. I think it can be done, just don't know about the O2 sensor. I just unplugged mine and wrapped it in electrical tape and shoved it behind the bodywork.

Ray

Thanks for the info. I just bought a pair on ebay for $365 used and am looking forward to putting them on and getting away from that "sewing machine" sound. Although I did enjoy the quietness when cranking up route 270 From Bethesda to Frederick MD at midnight after work.....no attraction of mister johnny law with loud sportbike sound.

We shall see what happens...

And I will do a search on the cat conversion mr nazi man... :)

thompsonian - hey, I've been looking at the Blueflame's but have been holding back because I like the looks of the two brothers m5's as well. I guess my question is, how loud are the blue flames? I wouldn't be putting myself back in "cruiserland" would I? I had some Bub Jug Huggers on my Vstar and they were just too loud.

thanks

Sorry it took so long to reply. Dial up makes it no fun to be on the net :angry2:

As far as how loud they are, I'm running all 4 ports open and it has a nice deep growl to her. I've been told it sounds like a very mild Busa sound. Deep, but not Vtwin rumbly. I do get a nice burble on decel tho.

Augh augh augh....love the rumble on decel....augh augh augh....yes....the rumble for the caveman in all of us....

:yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :dribble:

Maybe I should remove the baffles on the Remus cans I bought @ WFO-6.... just to hear a little of that rumble. :)

i have the blue flames just put them on and go . I scratched part of the blue on one side and it looks like shit

i have the blue flames just put them on and go . I scratched part of the blue on one side and it looks like shit
So what are your thoughts on the blue flames? Have you tried changing the baffle configuration to make a different sound? If so, how was removing and inserting the baffles? How loud do they get and how is the sound as far as being throaty?

Thanks,

Scott

I fitted a pair of Beowulf End Cans to my 06 :D

Sound is great and they look great as well, cheaper than Blue Flame and come with a full lifetime warrenty ;)

Didn't have a PCIII fitted when i fitted the exhausts and had no problems with the running of the bike at all :D

Now fitted a PCIII and its even better :D :D

100_0449.jpg

100_0452.jpg

100_0448.jpg

DD

I fitted a pair of Beowulf End Cans to my 06 :D
Sound is great and they look great as well, cheaper than Blue Flame and come with a full lifetime warrenty ;)

Didn't have a PCIII fitted when i fitted the exhausts and had no problems with the running of the bike at all :D

Now fitted a PCIII and its even better :D :D

100_0449.jpg

100_0452.jpg

100_0448.jpg

DD
Any weight savings with this setup? A small power increase? Thanks...