BMW Rushing to Beat '06 FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In reality, no one knows what the MSRP for the BMW GT will be......THere is NO 06GT on BMW's website as the 04 GT is still listed as being the current model. And the bike is supposed to be released next month? BWHWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
My god man, if they can't even keep their website updated, gives question to if their reliability issues are gonna contiinue on 06 models that are so commonly the subject of conversation on the BMW website.....

I'd never own one in a million years!!
Official pricing has been released by BMW and is available on numerous web sites. No, it's not on BMW's main web site yet, but that's not uncommon - most mfgs don't keep their web sites up to date with the latest info that has been released to the dealer channel and is available on other web sites. The FJR is a bit unusual in this regard - becasue of the PDP, Yamaha has to release pricing information very early on their web site so that people can order and wait.

- Mark
The price for the '06 from that PDF looks official enough and it's at $18,800 and with the MSRP on the '04 at $17,990 it's also plausible. So what’s the deal, was there an ’05 model?

Last edited by a moderator:
In reality, no one knows what the MSRP for the BMW GT will be......THere is NO 06GT on BMW's website as the 04 GT is still listed as being the current model. And the bike is supposed to be released next month? BWHWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
My god man, if they can't even keep their website updated, gives question to if their reliability issues are gonna contiinue on 06 models that are so commonly the subject of conversation on the BMW website.....

down...are you suggesting the pre 06 FJR`s have not had any "issues" discussed on this and other FJR forum sites, like you infer about the BMW sites?! I don`t know where you`ve been the last few years...tick,tick, tick...hot,hot,hot...centerstand,centerstand,centerstand...tps,tps,tps...camchain,camchain

camchain tensioner...poor,poor,poor low speed throttle response...shall I go on? I think you get my drift. Don`t be too quick to rag on BMWs reputation...Yamaha`s behavior and lack of integrity has certainly made itself apparent over the last 4 years. Fortunately, the new 06 FJR should mend allot of fences. In the meantime, realize we have had our share of problems too...we just don`t pay as much for them. I luv my 04 abs but it`s far from being the perfect bike! :assasin:

down...are you suggesting the pre 06 FJR`s have not had any "issues" discussed on this and other FJR forum sites, like you infer about the BMW sites?! I don`t know where you`ve been the last few years...tick,tick, tick...hot,hot,hot...centerstand,centerstand,centerstand...tps,tps,tps...camchain,camchain

camchain tensioner...poor,poor,poor low speed throttle response...shall I go on? I think you get my drift. Don`t be too quick to rag on BMWs reputation...Yamaha`s behavior and lack of integrity has certainly made itself apparent over the last 4 years. Fortunately, the new 06 FJR should mend allot of fences. In the meantime, realize we have had our share of problems too...we just don`t pay as much for them. I luv my 04 abs but it`s far from being the perfect bike! :assasin:
Don't feed the troll :dribble:

"Don't feed the troll" :haha: ...so tell me rookie...who`s the troll here? : :assasin:(do ya think he knows what it means?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but even iffin BMW does, it will be priced at something like $21,000.00 and that will negate everything else.  Tha MOTORAD?
Here we go again. Base price is $18,700 incl destination. You can spend more with options, but at this price, it has everything the FJR has (bags, ABS), so it's an apples to apples comparison with a $13,500 06 FJR.

- Mark
Apples to Apples? $5200.00 difference, that's more like Apples to Diamonds. I hope BMW does bring there machine out in March, just watch how many more people they will drive to the FJR.
LOLROF

"Don't feed the troll"     :haha:             ...so tell me rookie...who`s the troll here?
That would be downsyndrome

(do ya think he knows what it means?)
Do you?
...as a matter of fact, there are two meanings: #1-an ugly giant or dwarf that lives in a cave .#2-fish by baited line along behind a boat. Take your pick panther, kindergarten is over ! :assasin:

I have nothing against BMW's. I will add that the one time I was at the larger BMW dealer here they did seem to be a bunch of snooty assholes...but I'm not going to condem the bike over a few pinheaded sales/parts guys at one dealer.

This said..there still is that FIVE THOUSAND TWO HUNDERD DOLLAR diffrence..and some of us ain't rich to start with. I could buy a nice used bike for that ..or a helluva lot of farkles for my FJR.

BMW's announcement on the new GT seems to be a last ditch effort..(to go head to head with the FJR?)...which might have me a bit worried on how well the thing was tested... before it's release.

But I can trust those germans to their jobs...what I can not do is rationalize another $5,200.00 for something you insist is comparable.....

KM

Yeah Knife...got to admit, a 5 grand premium is pretty hard to swallow. Myself, I have always been value conscious and the Japanese manufacturers have managed to achieve both value and quality in their products. What bugs me the most is when you look at how the Euro has devalued (something like 15%) against our currency over the past 12 months or so, there is no corresponding price reduction on BMW part...at least not from what I can tell ! I have heard also, that the dealers act the heighth of arrogance...too bad. Their bikes deserve better...perhaps the Germans should consider outsourcing to Korea or China. LOL :assasin:

Yeah Knife...got to admit, a 5 grand premium is pretty hard to swallow. Myself, I have always been value conscious and the Japanese manufacturers have managed to achieve both value and quality in their products. What bugs me the most is when you look at how the Euro has devalued (something like 15%) against our currency over the past 12 months or so, there is no corresponding price reduction on BMW part...at least not from what I can tell ! I have heard also, that the dealers act the heighth of arrogance...too bad. Their bikes deserve better...perhaps the Germans should consider outsourcing to Korea or China. LOL :assasin:
Well i think you do not really understand multi-national corp.

First off if BMW was not using any type if transfer price allocation model, or hedging model your theory may be right. But, it really would not be, because if bmw was converting dollars to euros the devalue of the euro would mean they would be getting less euros for every dollar sold. So in theory they would need to up the price in dollars to get the same amount of euro's. But this whole conversation means nothing because this is not they way business is done.

Now the real problem that BMW has is the cost of maunfactoring. It cost alot more to run a manufactoring plant in munich then in japan. And many of the japan manufactoring plants have been outsource to cheaper asian regions.

Lastly FJR=great bike, BMW k1200gt could be a great bike only time will tell.

CHOICES people

"Don't feed the troll"     :haha:             ...so tell me rookie...who`s the troll here?
That would be downsyndrome

(do ya think he knows what it means?)
Do you?
...as a matter of fact, there are two meanings: #1-an ugly giant or dwarf that lives in a cave .#2-fish by baited line along behind a boat. Take your pick panther, kindergarten is over ! :assasin:
I think you forgot to continue with the lesson in meaning: See below the newer version as the internet runs our lives:

troll

1. v.,n. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase “trolling for newbies” which in turn comes from mainstream “trolling”, a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See also YHBT.

2. n. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, “Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll.” Compare kook.

3. n. [berkeley] Computer lab monitor. A popular campus job for CS students. Duties include helping newbies and ensuring that lab policies are followed. Probably so-called because it involves lurking in dark cavelike corners.

Some people claim that the troll (sense 1) is properly a narrower category than flame bait, that a troll is categorized by containing some assertion that is wrong but not overtly controversial. See also Troll-O-Meter.

The use of ‘troll’ in any of these senses is a live metaphor that readily produces elaborations and combining forms. For example, one not infrequently sees the warning “Do not feed the troll” as part of a followup to troll postings :bleh:

I started the thread, and perhaps I can comment. I have an '06FJR1300AE on order and am excited as hell. I also have an '06K1200GT on order with all of the bells and whistles. I also currently own 3 BMW's, to include an '05KLT, '05K1200S (the GT will use this technology), and an '05R1200GS. That being said it would appear that I am a diehard BMW fan BUT give credence to the FJR1300AE.

The clutchless model intrigues me. Having a dealer in my town is exciting as hell. But in the final analysis, the FJR is a gorgeous bike more worthy of my admiration than my riding skills. ONe of the posts talked about the Paralever/Hossack suspension (no diving), the new engine worthy of Formula racing, Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA), and perhaps the better wind management (don't know that ye) of the GT. Well folks, I suspect that while many of you consider yourself grand prix/track-worthy riders, I will candidly admit that I am not an aggressive rider, am looking for touring comfort, style is important, product differentiation (AE) very important, and just plain liking the bike. I am quite sure that I test none of the capabilities of any of my stable but enjoy them all.

If my pocketbook determined what I rode and the choice was between the FJR and the GT. The FJR would win hands down! It's an exciting motorcycle worthy of having its own forum!