BobbyBlue is getting a new heart today! He's doing great!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if he'll get the 2016 model with the 6 speed and slipper clutch.

Thoughts are with Mr. BobbyBlue. And I'll +1 the mention of becoming an organ donor if you aren't already.

Hope all is well Bobby...let's hope they aren't just doing a Michigan Tech Day on you. Best wishes to you...

...and prayers for the donor's family.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never knowingly met a person with a heart transplant. Now I have a chance to do so at some future FJR gaggle. Good luck BobbyBlue!

Glad to hear he's getting in for the recall work. I knew his old one was a ticker.

While we've never met, Bobby seems like a great guy. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for some good news from him soon.

Great news
smile.png
smile.png

Many good thoughts on their way from CA

As of 2 hours ago-

"So they are testing the other heart now. Of course they say they have one doesn't always mean it'll happen. If they open this other guy up and the heart doesn't look as good as on paper it's a no go. It happens in a small percentage of cases. So keep praying."

From Teresa (the better and better looking half)

It's the critical hour and prayer are sent. I love BobbyB's sense of humor and commitment to living life to the fullest. May it be a long and fulfilling life (perhaps with a motorcycle) with the new heart.

It's the critical hour and prayer are sent. I love BobbyB's sense of humor and commitment to living life to the fullest. May it be a long and fulfilling life (perhaps with a motorcycle) with the new heart.
Tom, once again, very well said.

2 updates from Teresa-

As of 11:08pm last night-

"Soooooo, the heart has landed at Boeing Field and will be here in less than an hour. Bobby Finical has been sleeping sinse 8pm in the surgery room. Thank God he won't know how long we've been waiting. I should sleep been up sinse 3 a.m. for work but got a bit too much on my mind. All is going accordingly but that doesn't mean when the heart gets here that they wont proceed if they see anything wrong with it. It happens 20-30% of the time. Again the surgeon was 85% confident it would proceed. I've got a whole waiting room to myself to worry, lol. I'll keep you all posted."

As of 3 hours ago-

"Thank you everyone! Bobby Finical is now a recipient of a new heart that is beating like crazy and doing awesome. I just talked to the awesome surgeon. He did great no real complications except a lot of scar tissue from his prior surgeries. But no more pump and pacemaker is even gone. Your prayers and good vibes have spoken. Now just keep them coming for a good recovery."

Carl

WOW! Great news and it sounds like the transplant surgeries take just a fraction of the time they used to. Hoping that Bobby and his new heart can get along with each other.