BobbyBlue is getting a new heart today! He's doing great!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome home.
smile.png

Great to hear your home Bobby. I hope this new beginning brings you much joy and happiness. Thank you for sharing your experience, I know I have learned a great deal from it.

All the best Bobby ! :)

Thank you all again for the uplifting words !!! I have been getting better every day in every way.....havent had this much raw energy since my 20's....i go for biopsy #2 tomorrow....one a week the first month then every other week for a couple months then once a month for the rest of the first year but its a small price to pay for a new lease on life.....they will constantly be adjusting my anti-rejection drugs and the first 6 months are the most critical...avoid sick people !!!!! the drugs are tough especially the steroid prednesone....a mean little mother for sure but they are shooting completely weaned aftre 1st year....my body will always try to reject the invader somewhat but the newest drugs are much better than just a decade ago and UW has a 94% success at 5 year rate which is one of the highest in the nation and i came here because health care in tejas is abysmal.....they told me to go home and get my affairs in order....really ??!!! So we packed up and came to Yoko's home cuz she said " they care Bobby, they will take care of your poor ass " and she was so right !!!! This place rocks !!!!

As for getting back on 2 wheels, my days in the saddle are done....this was my 4th open heart surgery and there simply is too much scar tissue and cartilage for the wires to even hold together....as an example normal sternal precautions following these procedures is 6-8 weeks...mine is 16 and and even an air bag will crush my now fragile breastbone, even an atv is too much now....one of my cardiologist is a rider and really took the time to explain it all in great detail.....and here is the deal....I've been riding 45 of my 54 years...Ive owned 27 motorcycles and have well over 500,000 miles on just street bikes...i havent even dropped a bike in over 25 years so i'm just gonna count me lucky charms and enjoy armchairing with y'all...i have NO INTENTION of ever leaving this most greatest forum in the world...we is a tight group and i feel right at home....as one of the first 100 members i should and do !!!! The moral of the story is enjoy every single ride like it was your last, someday you might just be right. I should be at the next Auburn FJR tech day and he really knows how to throw a motorcycle shindig i tell ya, I'll be happy just to be amongst y'all and might ride a fretboard full of some nasty texas blues even...

We live in blessed times and i certainly feel blessed now !!!

Much Love and appreciation,

Bobby

I should be at the next Auburn FJR tech day and he really knows how to throw a motorcycle shindig i tell ya, I'll be happy just to be amongst y'all and might ride a fretboard full of some nasty texas blues even...We live in blessed times and i certainly feel blessed now !!!

Much Love and appreciation,

Bobby
We'll see if we can coordinate it with your schedule so you can attend. Right now it is looking like the weekend after Mother's Day, but will wait to see how bad the winter is for the mountains.

Good to hear that you are healing well as can be expected and looking to the future! Hopefully when you wear this one out it will be decades from now

Last edited by a moderator: