BobbyBlue is getting a new heart today! He's doing great!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are we going to keep all the sick bastards away from Auburn FJR tech day?
rolleyes.gif
I don't know, but it sure is fun watching them come down the driveway the first time...
smile.png
It is fun to take a new guy all the way down to the hole! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all again for the uplifting words !!! I have been getting better every day in every way.....havent had this much raw energy since my 20's....i go for biopsy #2 tomorrow....one a week the first month then every other week for a couple months then once a month for the rest of the first year but its a small price to pay for a new lease on life.....they will constantly be adjusting my anti-rejection drugs and the first 6 months are the most critical...avoid sick people !!!!! the drugs are tough especially the steroid prednesone....a mean little mother for sure but they are shooting completely weaned aftre 1st year....my body will always try to reject the invader somewhat but the newest drugs are much better than just a decade ago and UW has a 94% success at 5 year rate which is one of the highest in the nation and i came here because health care in tejas is abysmal.....they told me to go home and get my affairs in order....really ??!!! So we packed up and came to Yoko's home cuz she said " they care Bobby, they will take care of your poor ass " and she was so right !!!! This place rocks !!!!As for getting back on 2 wheels, my days in the saddle are done....this was my 4th open heart surgery and there simply is too much scar tissue and cartilage for the wires to even hold together....as an example normal sternal precautions following these procedures is 6-8 weeks...mine is 16 and and even an air bag will crush my now fragile breastbone, even an atv is too much now....one of my cardiologist is a rider and really took the time to explain it all in great detail.....and here is the deal....I've been riding 45 of my 54 years...Ive owned 27 motorcycles and have well over 500,000 miles on just street bikes...i havent even dropped a bike in over 25 years so i'm just gonna count me lucky charms and enjoy armchairing with y'all...i have NO INTENTION of ever leaving this most greatest forum in the world...we is a tight group and i feel right at home....as one of the first 100 members i should and do !!!! The moral of the story is enjoy every single ride like it was your last, someday you might just be right. I should be at the next Auburn FJR tech day and he really knows how to throw a motorcycle shindig i tell ya, I'll be happy just to be amongst y'all and might ride a fretboard full of some nasty texas blues even...

We live in blessed times and i certainly feel blessed now !!!

Much Love and appreciation,

Bobby
Consider the highlighted statement Bobby made above. When I read this and considered all the events that led up to it, it struck me that this is the kind of statement that ought to become one of those great moments in FJRforum history. Consider just WHO made this statement and WHY he made it. Think about it. Just about anybody can copy and paste a great statement onto these pages. But wouldn't we all agree that a life speaks louder than just words? Seems to me that this statement is certainly worth repeating, always worth reading and definitely worth remembering.

Thank you Bobby for your wise words.

Gary

darksider #44

Thank you all again for the uplifting words !!! I have been getting better every day in every way.....havent had this much raw energy since my 20's....i go for biopsy #2 tomorrow....one a week the first month then every other week for a couple months then once a month for the rest of the first year but its a small price to pay for a new lease on life.....they will constantly be adjusting my anti-rejection drugs and the first 6 months are the most critical...avoid sick people !!!!! the drugs are tough especially the steroid prednesone....a mean little mother for sure but they are shooting completely weaned aftre 1st year....my body will always try to reject the invader somewhat but the newest drugs are much better than just a decade ago and UW has a 94% success at 5 year rate which is one of the highest in the nation and i came here because health care in tejas is abysmal.....they told me to go home and get my affairs in order....really ??!!! So we packed up and came to Yoko's home cuz she said " they care Bobby, they will take care of your poor ass " and she was so right !!!! This place rocks !!!!As for getting back on 2 wheels, my days in the saddle are done....this was my 4th open heart surgery and there simply is too much scar tissue and cartilage for the wires to even hold together....as an example normal sternal precautions following these procedures is 6-8 weeks...mine is 16 and and even an air bag will crush my now fragile breastbone, even an atv is too much now....one of my cardiologist is a rider and really took the time to explain it all in great detail.....and here is the deal....I've been riding 45 of my 54 years...Ive owned 27 motorcycles and have well over 500,000 miles on just street bikes...i havent even dropped a bike in over 25 years so i'm just gonna count me lucky charms and enjoy armchairing with y'all...i have NO INTENTION of ever leaving this most greatest forum in the world...we is a tight group and i feel right at home....as one of the first 100 members i should and do !!!! The moral of the story is enjoy every single ride like it was your last, someday you might just be right. I should be at the next Auburn FJR tech day and he really knows how to throw a motorcycle shindig i tell ya, I'll be happy just to be amongst y'all and might ride a fretboard full of some nasty texas blues even...

We live in blessed times and i certainly feel blessed now !!!

Much Love and appreciation,

Bobby
Consider the highlighted statement Bobby made above. When I read this and considered all the events that led up to it, it struck me that this is the kind of statement that ought to become one of those great moments in FJRforum history. Consider just WHO made this statement and WHY he made it. Think about it. Just about anybody can copy and paste a great statement onto these pages. But wouldn't we all agree that a life speaks louder than just words? Seems to me that this statement is certainly worth repeating, always worth reading and definitely worth remembering.

Thank you Bobby for your wise words.

Gary

darksider #44
Exactly!

"Enjoy every sandwich." ~ Warren Zevon

It's been quite a while and i didn't want to get cocky and jinx myself but i do keep an eye out here and am still so thankful for all the good vibes and wonderful words y'all passed to me...special thanks to N2OXS and WINGNUT for help passing Ziggy on and he will live out his life right here in the beautiful PNW...I'm still doing great with no rejection and down to a three or so times a year check up and eval...everyfang is as it should be...i'm still on what has become my five year motorcycle sabbatical...i have grown sufficient scar tissue to strengthen my breastbone up significantly and although they wont give me their blessing, my Dr has assured me i could survive an airbag in a car and probably a minor get off on a bike but as a physician could not recommend it, however, they gave me renewed life to LIVE and ENJOY my gift...i've had to give up all alcohol, skydiving and scuba for life but i can still pick up a bike and even snuck a ride on a neighbors CBR600rr, who promptly shat himself when i pulled a 3rd gear wheelie for a half mile...oops...but man did it feel soooo good !!! My license still says MOTORCYCLE on it and i've lost most of the 60 friggin lbs i put on with the steroids....We have decided to move back to San Antonio because the cost of living here is just to great to start over...this gig hit 800K and even 20% is unobtainium...we can live down there for much less and i can ride much more...i still have 18 months, but that'll give me time to get gainful employment and such, and play my guitar in clubs again and just generally continue to pinch the cosmos in the ass, wink and say...BRING IT ON !!! Thanks you again for caring...if any of y'all need any info on this medical stuff, i will always make time and share the love y'all have shared with me...now get off here and get your ass out and ride...i'll keep a light on for ya !!!

Much Love,

Bobby

One final note to my Feejer Brethren in the PNW...a special thank you to Brian and family, AuburnFJR, and the entire PNW gang...you welcomed me with open arms and even moved the date of aTech Day just so i could attend...i truly wish everyone could attend the meetings they have here...LOTS of participation and everyone helps everyone...there are no strangers and i'm forlorn at having missed the last two due to medically induced schedule conflicts...these are some wise fellers up here and i will miss their comradeship...there are literally millions of two wheeled miles at every meeting..i will keep up though through here and FB pages as well....Y'all are special guys, even the dog is uber cool...thanks for the memories, smiles and miles...riding in with Ignacio himself will be hard to top but i promise to fully represent no matter what type scooter i end up on ! Strange isnt it how so much oil, rubber and steel ( or aluminum ) can bring together so much shared blood....

Wishing you all Happy Trails Until We Meet Again,

Bobby

Good Luck Bobby, I just retired so if i ever get to San Antonio I,ll PM ya.

Glad to here all is good with the Hart!

Pan

Never met you Bobby. I just hope I can face adversity as well as you appear to be doing. Heres to your future good health.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for checking in Bobby and reading that things are going well for you.

Good luck with the move back to TX...we'll miss you in the PNW!

--G