Bought Yamaha Extended Warranty great price...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchase the extended warranty from North End Cycle in Elkhart, Ind. for $369.00. Great service and price. Call Paul at (574) 264-0618. Best price I was able to find and next time I'm buying a bike they're on my list. Just thought I'd pass this along.

**** UPDATED ****

I Just got off the phone with Paul this morning - price increase on the Y.E.S of $50. Total for 48 months is now $419.00. I'm going to give D & H a call and see if theirs is still $389.

Herkypilot

*** NEW UPDATE *****

I called D&H and they are STILL $389 for 48 months. Looks like my check goes in the mail this week!

D & H Cycle Inc.

18115 U.S. Hwy 31

Cullman, AL 35058

(256) 739-1840

Herkypilot

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the YES warranty a power train only warranty? Unlimit mileage I suppose? Does it transfer to another owner?

WW

Is the YES warranty a power train only warranty? Unlimit mileage I suppose? Does it transfer to another owner?
WW
More than power-train. I've had my defective sidebag and gas cap replaced under it. I personally didn't get a fork seal replaced and didn't argue hard enough, but others have had fork seals replaced.

Yes, unlimited mileage. Claims have been made by folks with 100K+.

Yes, one can transfer it and is usually a selling point...if one considers selling this great bike.

Of course, you should read the warranty yourself if you think about buying. It is possible Yamaha may have changed terms from year-to-year.

The factory warranty is for one year unlimited mileage and covers the bike from front to back, excepting wearables such as tires and brakes. If you modify the bike you may run the risk of voiding the warranty. The YES warranty is an extension of the factory warranty and it too covers the bike from front to back, unlimited mileage excepting wearables.

I found the YES warranty also does not cover the rings in the engine (if I'm reading it right). If they wear out, it's on you for the repair.

Ignacio,

Thanks for the info. I will be looking at buying a warranty next year in the Spring. It sure is funning how many stealerships out there prefer to rip people off instead of offering fare price from the start!! Guess that is why you got to shop around and learn how to wrench on your own bike.

Later on Fellas!

My stealer quoted me $749.00. Said that was his "cost".
Cost, like 'free', is one of those words that mean crap nowadays; everybody justifies their own definition. The most widely used is if you're not making what you're supposed to (retail), it's a loss, like in this warranty case. Semantics.

The bottom line is whatever the lowest price you get for a bike, extended warranty, part, etc., is going to be (well) ABOVE cost 99% of the time or better, which means what the dealer ACTUALLY pays/paid for the item in question. There're many hidden 'kickbacks' dealers get that makes it very hard to guess their actual cost, including holdbacks, volume discounts, incentives, rebates, etc., so even when a dealer appears to be incurring a loss, they're not. I left the door open for losses with my 1% implied above, which I'm sure happens with old models, odd sizes, etc., but I bet it's much less than that. I don't pay attention to that abused word anymore. Later.

JC

Can you purchase this warranty after you buy the bike at a different dealer?

Yes, as long as your factory warranty is still in effect.

If you go to D&H and they are not the dealer you bought the bike from, they said that you need to get them the $ and your info at least 3 days before the factory warranty expires so they can transfer the warranty to their shop and then get your YES warranty into effect.

Paul is the man to talk to at D&H. I sent mine in and I am just waiting for the paperwork to come back.

It sure is funning how many stealerships out there prefer to rip people off instead of offering fare price from the start!! Guess that is why you got to shop around and learn how to wrench on your own bike.
There's nothing sinsiter about dealerships. It's called the free market and one shouldn't make value judgements on dealerships' morals because of some price they offer.

The empowering thing is things like this forum where people can share prices and shop around more easily than without. We can purchase from dealers that cut their prices and the other's business will either suffer or they'll have to compete and improve.

It's a great system. And you'll find D&H is good.

Ignacio,
Thanks for the info. I will be looking at buying a warranty next year in the Spring. It sure is funning how many stealerships out there prefer to rip people off instead of offering fare price from the start!! Guess that is why you got to shop around and learn how to wrench on your own bike.

Later on Fellas!

Luckily, the good people at D&H aren't blood sucking weasels like some other stealerships.

One of D&H's advantages is that they keep their overhead low. No credit (so no losses to recover). No web site or other frills (again, costs that have to be passed on). Smaller town with lower building/operational costs and such. It all adds up.

I had to stop by the dealer that I bought my bike from for a return. While there, I gave them the opportunity to sell me the Y.E.S. at the same cost as D&H for $389. I told them I had the phone number to D&H and were welcome to call and verify. The accountant looked up the price and said D&H is making $20 on the deal. He had to ask his manager if he could match the deal. He left the office and came back and said there's no way they can sell it for less then $100 over cost. I told them OK, I'll give D&H my business then. I get the impression they don't want to make any exceptions or else the word will get out and all future buyers will expect the same deal. So when I got back to the house, I wrote a check and sent it off to D&H.

Herkypilot

Never could understand that. They make $20 to fill out one form and then increase the possiblity of making the cash on any warranty work you bring to them.

Never could understand that. They make $20 to fill out one form and then increase the possiblity of making the cash on any warranty work you bring to them.

I've done a search, but cannot find info on the YES warranty for an 06 that is out of original 1 year warranty - I know you can still buy the extended YES warranty, but can you still get it for 48 months, or is the only option 12 or 24? I have heard conflicting info. Yama website is no help.

I have an 05 that has some "YES" time leftover from the original owner, what is the maximum amount of time that a YES extension warranty will cover the bike?

OK, Since I am patiently waiting for my new 08, I have lots of time to decide on this warranty issue. My initial gut feeling on any extended warranty is that it is worthless. My business professor told us to always decline those kinds of offers as there was so many loopholes in them, your better off saving the money and putting it towards future repairs. So my question to this thread is this. Has anyone ever used this warranty? Has anyone ever been denied a claim that they felt should have been paid? Whats the feedback on this policy. Thanks for your help!

OK, Since I am patiently waiting for my new 08, I have lots of time to decide on this warranty issue. My initial gut feeling on any extended warranty is that it is worthless. My business professor told us to always decline those kinds of offers as there was so many loopholes in them, your better off saving the money and putting it towards future repairs. So my question to this thread is this. Has anyone ever used this warranty? Has anyone ever been denied a claim that they felt should have been paid? Whats the feedback on this policy. Thanks for your help!

Maybe no complaints is a good thing, or maybe most people dont have it. I might be more inclined to do it with an AE, but maybe that is a false sense. Surely we have some warranty experts out there than can answer our questions? In all my searching the forum on this issue, I have not seen many examples of folks have trouble getting things covered. I just want to know what the max coverage period is on an 06 that is out of warranty presently.