Brand New '04 ABS. I'm finally an FJR owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
throw a 190/55 on there-helps fix the speedo and centerstand too...anyhew your Gen1 has lower gears so you won't notice the slight loss off the line...

Oh, yeah, an actual complaint about the speedometer! This is the first bike I've had where the speedo gets precedence over the tach, so I keep looking down and then trying to figure out how fast "5" is.

And the new Most Likely Way I'm Going To Genuinely Hurt Myself is pushing the FJR around while in the seat. I've rolled the mufflers over my boot heels five or six times now, and it's just a matter of time before I give myself a 650 lb. ankle hinge. Maybe I'll just ride it in my MX boots. :)

Oh, yeah, an actual complaint about the speedometer! This is the first bike I've had where the speedo gets precedence over the tach, so I keep looking down and then trying to figure out how fast "5" is.

And the new Most Likely Way I'm Going To Genuinely Hurt Myself is pushing the FJR around while in the seat. I've rolled the mufflers over my boot heels five or six times now, and it's just a matter of time before I give myself a 650 lb. ankle hinge. Maybe I'll just ride it in my MX boots. :)