Bridgestone BT-021 Feedback

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have about 3000 km. on a pair of BT021s. I like them...neutral steering and very confident stick both wet and dry, but the front tire makes noise and is getting louder, I'm starting to sound like a 4 x 4. Has anyone heard of Bridgestone acknowledging a problem or replacing any?
BTW I have been running 40/42 psi.

Use another gauge to see if the one you used is accurate. I have a feeling this gauge is off a few PSI. Thats when these tires seem to make noise which is a result of more heat from low pressure. I personally run that tire @42 PSI.

Also I'm sure you are checking your tire pressure when cold. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am now too scared to pick my next tire. Therefore I'm just gonna try riding on the rims and see how that works. I've also had 4 or 5 glasses of Scotch. I may change my mind some other time.

I am now too scared to pick my next tire.

Make that a party of two! I love my Azaros and had decided to replace them w/ Storms. Then, all the problems crop up. Then, decided to mount Bridgestones but they have problems too. Then, I decided on Pilot Roads but...well, you get the picture.

I've got to decide this month as the Azaros are getting a broad flat spot on the rear.

Life is a biatch and then you have to decide on a new set of tires!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have to wonder any more about tires. I have a new set of BT-021s waiting to be mounted and tested. Unless they impress me far beyond expectations, I'm going to run Strada fronts always, Strada rears in the winter, and ME880 rear the other three seasons.

After my extended National Lampoon's WFO Vacation Adventure, I learned that there is absolutely NO hope for me getting anywhere close to the same mileage as others. My typical road surfaces don't allow it.

Put a new 021 on the rear headed to WFO. Round trip was about 5,000 miles with the Utah BBG thrown in the middle. Absolutely love this tire - 1/2 inch strips tell the story, I will definitely buy another!

Ordered my set this afternoon. Ive been a Bridgestone from the first set tires I have ever had on. Sorry to read about your bad luck.

Shane and I put 021's on Frank Sunday. Very light tire-felt as if they weighed the same as the worn out Pilot Roadies. Front and rear balanced with minimum weight-1/2 oz frt, 3/8 rear. new tires always throw me, unlike some here, I don't replace them near as often, so a fresh set always feels wonderful, regardless of brand. So far though, just broken in, they turn in easily, track straight, very predictable. Now, I haven't, due to their newness, attempted to narrow the c-strips yet, still an inch wide. But so far, so good, and they are the cheapest of the major brands available, always a plus when you don't have to compromise quality, and I don't feel I have.

so, Bridgestone, Avon and Metzler all suck - what do we do now?
I have had Dunlop D208s, really a track tire, low miles but really nice. Currently running Perelli diablo strada's; also a great tire set. hoping to get more miles out of this pair. Actually I am about 2500 miles, which is about all i got out of the 208s in and they are about 1/2 - 2/3rds gone but they still role great no cupping even wear no shakes.

PS I cant remenber the last time I have a front tire that i could not hear :) but not like dirt bike knobbies
Just to update on the Perelli Diablo Strada's I was hoping for 5000 miles out of them but looks like I will be lucky ot get 4k. That said, as I start to scuff in the wear bars on the back and wear down the front to the notches in the tread (I assume their wear indicators) they have been a really solid set of tires! there is nearly no cupping on the front and the has also worn very evenly. Again I still think they are not as grippy as the D208's but they life span is definately worth it. I over estimated the life but i think it was the several 400-500 mile rides on 90 degree days softened them up a bit too much :( I will buy another pair!

PS anyone know where i can get a good deal on a new pair?

Latest posts