Brokeback FJR - A ride report told from 2 Perspectives

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the end, I have to admit, it was one of the best motorcycle trips I've ever taken. Great riding partner, exquisite roads, beautiful scenery, the temps were perfect the whole time...every positive box you'd ideally want was checked off for us: people, places and pace. With just a hint of adventure thrown in to remind us that we used most of our luck with the deer, empty roads and lack of authority figures.

I owe Hudson a big thanks for this experience. It was his bike, his planning and his idea. Sure there were bedbugs in the room he booked for us in Yakima. The one he skipped staying in. But hey, he did buy me lunch on Thursday!

And yes, after riding the KTM Adventure R for over a thousand miles, I want one!

As I enjoyed my flight home to Cali (first class upgrade, natch), the pilot came over the intercom:

"If you look out the left side of the plane you'll have a great view of Yosemite."

Naturally, all of us on the left side opened our shades and took in the majesty.

28117452000_c9e8d684b0_b.jpg

"And for those of you on the right side, you can see...Modesto..." <click>

Yup, good to be home, where adventure is just that close!

Three days in Oregon and all is right with the world. Adventure is where you find it, and while better preparation would have spared me a Brokeback

let’s just say that we’ll be both laughing at this for years to come.

Great roads, great motorcycles, true friends.
On the outskirts of Creston, Carver turns his head to the side and leans into his trash can, puking up the bag of FUNYONS® he’s been munching on the last hour.

stan-southpark-barf-250.jpg

Outside Roseville, Old Michael thoughtfully sips his Oolong tea out of a NAFO mug he’d won in a drawing, chuckles to himself whilst stroking his beard and shaking his head: “I was SOOOOOOO right to switch to the Wing forum.”

Somewhere in Minnesota, BustaNut looks up, confused. “I don't get it. Where's the sheep? I mean....it was still pretty HAWT.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the very intertaining ride report but I'm a bit confused as to your route on Day 2 and 3. Could you show your actual route?

This ride report broke new ground. Completely outrageous, very entertaining and kept us peeps on edge wondering how it was going to END. ++1 gunny.

Yep those NE Oregon cheap sealed roads eat tires because it encourages hooligan style riding and chip seal eats tire.

[img=[URL="https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/05/bd/fd/05bdfd5cf9efde53f1f93cc14b5ac1b0.jpg%5D"]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/05/bd/fd/05bdfd5cf9efde53f1f93cc14b5ac1b0.jpg][/URL]
Alright, now you owe me a keyboard...can't get it clean :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bleh: :bleh: :lol:
Yeah, she is pretty hawt...
The implications of this comment alone justify the last four pages of reading. If I needed it. Great ride and report.
I am still confused as to if this picture is metaphysically possible? Shouldn't the universe revolve around her?? And not the way it currently does?

In case anyone is wondering, a "spray" of Templeton's Rye followed by a micro cloth wipe will clean up the computer monitor screen quick nicely. OTOH, Pants simply cannot inhale Templeton's rye... bad things happen.

Holy cow, what an entertaining ride report. I almost shorted.....

Good stuff, man.....