Broken rear subframe

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want me to make you a pair of these? For after the repair...

P7140434.jpg

P7140432.jpg

Let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Want me to make you a pair of these? For after the repair...
P7140434.jpg

P7140432.jpg

Let me know.
I need a set as well,

Cause

Garauld Rack,

Givi 52 loaded to the hilt,

Trying to keep up with Diana (Versys) on the Alaska highway just after Beaver Creek

Chris

I think the problem here is that the rear sub-frame is a cast aluminum piece. Even with the reinforcements, it will likely just break in a new un-reinforced location.
like here:

2930822040098858932S600x600Q85.jpg
I AGREE.

The rear subframe seems rather wimpy for the overloading that often takes place.

Well gents, I just had mine repaired and I would recommend the shop very highly.

www.madfab.ca

Good work and great price. Worth chatting with him

Canadian FJR

The subframe is repaired. See <a href="https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s=&showtopic=117800&view=findpost&p=588765" target="_blank">Post #1</a> for updates and photos.
Update please.

I'm thinking about making a set of gussets to brace the stock rear subframe and garauld rack on a GenI. I tried contacting RenoJohn about his Battle Born bike and how he braced it, but evidently his thin skin is still chafed after this <Link>. Hey RJ, :fuck:

:grin:

The subframe is repaired. See <a href="https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s=&showtopic=117800&view=findpost&p=588765" target="_blank">Post #1</a> for updates and photos.
Update please.

I'm thinking about making a set of gussets to brace the stock rear subframe and garauld rack on a GenI. I tried contacting RenoJohn about his Battle Born bike and how he braced it, but evidently his thin skin is still chaffed after this <Link>. Hey RJ, :fuck:

:grin:
Thanks Joe, for bringing this little gem of a thread back to life. Nothing better than this chestnut to liven up the Holidays! A True Forum Butt Nugget, was this discourse!

Joe, RJ don't do PM's. Go to his website and send him an email if you expect any response from ol' quiet, RJ!
I'm kidding around. I even used the smiley faces and everything. :blink:

I'm not really worried about it. It was just an opportunity to take a playful jab, and I took it.

Joe, RJ don't do PM's. Go to his website and send him an email if you expect any response from ol' quiet, RJ!
I'm kidding around. I even used the smiley faces and everything. :blink:

I'm not really worried about it. It was just an opportunity to take a playful jab, and I took it.
https://renojohn.goraiders.org/ Joe, my distant cousin dcarver is correct, RenoJohn never PM's anybody; not even Bust! But he has a cool and interesting M/C website!