Can Am Spyder RT

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read a few articles here stating that they are not selling as many as they tought.

Maybe this new concept will work better for them.

Eww. No thanks. I'd get a convertible corvette. The girls might think you were an old rich bastard and sleep with you for your money.

If you get one of those things nobody will sleep with you including the dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've talked with a few folks along the road who have the original and say it's a handful in the twisties , not unlike riding a snowmobile ( no surprise there) . The touring model would be even more so I'd think.

Now if they made the front end be able to tilt like some of the normal trikes they might be better. This has been done before , the GM "Lean Machine" was a cool example https://www.maxmatic.com/Graphics/leanmach.jpg

, the MB Life Jet another ...https://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2008/12/21/automobiles/21lean-inline1.html

Yup. Until they learn to articulate the wheels, a' la' Piaggio MP3, to allow you to lean thru corners, it's just a 3 wheel car with no roof.

I think it would actually be a better vehicle with a pair of rear wheels instead of just one. Then it would be a no-doors roadster.

Some n00b just posted up how he dumped one (junk engine control system, lived at dealer forever) and bought a Feej, couldn't be happier. Sounds like a bad ride to me.

Found it

Underpowered, funky handling, rattly and over priced.

Been on two of em to date and Not anything I want

:jester:

I took one for a ride yesterday. Kind of fun once I got used to the car-like steering and the absent hand brake :unsure:

639609284_nLaVy-M.jpg

I rode behind a Group ride on Sunday heading north on the 15 just south of Lake Elsinore.

There were about 10 Can-AMs in the group, they looked like they were having fun, smiling and waving to everyone.

But it was kind of weird watching from behind, they were riding in a staggered formation, these wide ass

front wheels riding staggered.

One thing I thought weird, one of the drivers turned his head completely around to look at the roadster behind him.

Can you imagine what would happen if he were on two wheels?

One guy had loud pipes, (like that would make him cool)

But all and all I was not impressed. Except maybe the custom paint on the lead roadster.

:lol:

In Aussie dont forget bu,t I put my hand up for a test ride and the reply came back sorry non available , then when the weather forecast turned to shite they sent me an email saying there was a spot left the next day at 9 am , on a friggen work day I ask you do they want to sell the bloody things or what.

Having read others test reports , its just a snowmobile with 3 wheels ,all the disadvantages of a motorcycle and NON of the advantages.

I reckon they could be fun on wet twisty roads though. One reporter said it lacked grunt????

You mean one of these? They do look cool. I know that Ohio would call that a car because it has seats rather than a saddle. I'm not sure what other states would call it. It looks like the list price is over $40k.

Eww. No thanks. I'd get a convertible corvette. The girls might think you were an old rich bastard and sleep with you for your money.
If you get one of those things nobody will sleep with you including the dog.

Hmmm, and if they did sleep with you, that might just confirm what they were thinking. :rolleyes:

doctorj