Can You Kill A Spouse In Ny?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad it is coming out Ok. It's good she noticed technique in picking up the bike or could have ended up dropping it two or three more times. The saddlebag could be repainted later on. Good Luck, TJ

I'm really late to this thread but it couldn't have been that bad cause I don't see any of her shit out in the front yard! :lol:

Seriously, gawd I'd be annoyed for a while but what's a guy going to do? If it happens again soon though I'd be concerned. :detect:

-r

Just curious - have you thought about turning it into your insurance company? All insurance companies differ, but, with some, claims of less than $1000 have no impact on your rates.

And now for something completely off topic:

Did you buy the windscreen that way or "do it yerself?" I dig the dark smoke color!

Funny thing about NY and people trying to off their spouses...a former neighbor of mine from Navy housing in RI, tried to hire a guy to off her husband.....in NY. The "hired killer" was a cop and she's in jail now. :eek:

Just curious - have you thought about turning it into your insurance company?
This may not be the situation in your case ‘Hammer...

But unfortunately, from experience, I can tell you that most insurers will not pay a claim on an accident, when both vehicles are registered at the same address. (Something to do with fraud?)

Still, ya might wanna try it. Good luck.

when I remarked on how she lifted the bike, she told me she was paying attention to the drill team show at americade a few years back when they demonstrated how to 'properly' lift a fallen goldwing.
A few years back I rode the Alps with another couple who came in, ahem, disportionate sizes: He was small (guessing 5' 6" and 160 lbs) and she was much bigger (5' 8" and way over 200 lbs.)

They rode an R1150GS, a pretty tall bike under normal circumstances, but quite challenging for him and his short legs to reach the ground to hold it upright while his heavy wife got on and off. So a number of times the bike was dropped.

They then had a routine: He would step back a few feet, cross his arms and watch; she would step fortward to the task, bend over and pick up the GS as if it weighed no more than a bucket of KFC (traditional recipe). She would then put the bike on its side-stand, step back and turn it over to the husband. :)

On one occasion the bike was dropped in front of a cafe full of a large group of EuroTrash bikers. They laughed heartily watching the rider fail to keep the bike upright and the bike and pillion falling onto the parking lot surface. But their laughter stopped quickly -- and respect took over -- as soon as they saw how easily the missus picked up the bike and turned it over to the husband. :bleh:

Piggy

Last edited by a moderator:
The sheild is a no-brainer do it yourself deal. WarChild has also done it as did BobVail. I've done it on my old RC51, and my buddies FZ-1, SV650, R-1,...

All it takes is a can of rustoleum (plasti-cote preferable) in your favorite color. Tape off the FRONT of the screen, and paint the BACK side. Let it dry, untape it, mount it, you are done. As it ages and the paint scratches off, re-paint it and it will still look good.

This may not be the situation in your case ‘Hammer...
But unfortunately, from experience, I can tell you that most insurers will not pay a claim on an accident, when both vehicles are registered at the same address. (Something to do with fraud?)

Still, ya might wanna try it. Good luck.
If auto doesn't cover it, try homeowners.