Canadian Root Beer for the holiday season

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notice that this fine motorcycle has the accessory Yamaha Super Dooper Stronger Rear Luggage Rack already installed. Did it come with that or did the dealership add it? How much was it?

Very nice looking bike by the way, wonderful color.

I notice that this fine motorcycle has the accessory Yamaha Super Dooper Stronger Rear Luggage Rack already installed. Did it come with that or did the dealership add it? How much was it?
I certainly did not pay extra for grab handles, so maybe they are the standard ones. I will check (when I see it next. They are storing it free for as long as I want). It's just the colour scheme is different, ie, silver accents. Note the adjustable fairing panels are brown and the fairing trim in front of it is also silver. The root beer looks better in person.

I went back and looked over the pics and I cannot tell one way or the other. It may simply be the silver color on the standard plastic piece.

It is possible that I made a mistake. First time for everything you know.

I certainly did not pay extra for grab handles, so maybe they are the standard ones. I will check (when I see it next. They are storing it free for as long as I want). It's just the colour scheme is different, ie, silver accents. Note the adjustable fairing panels are brown and the fairing trim in front of it is also silver. The root beer looks better in person.
Grab handles are the standard ones for Gen 2 and Gen 3.
A pre-delivery picture of my '14:

(Click on image for larger view)

And they never did find your clutch lever, did they? Yamafitter Bill wants your bike or one similar.
Nope, no clutch lever, just that (slightly reshaped) paddle finger flicker. Absolutely love it, it's significantly better than the Gen 2 clutch-lever-less FJRs.

I don't think Yamafitter is the only one who wants my bike, but I'm keeping mine for as long as I can ride it. He and the others will just have to persuade Yamaha to lose another huge amount of money by homologating it for the US, importing them, then selling the majority off below cost in a couple more years.

Congrats on the new ride. Looking forward to hearing your impressions.

Besides suspension, what are your farkle plans?

I am taking my time with the farkle list, and since the bike won't be here for a while, no rush..... the usual seat swap, conspicuity lighting, voltmeter, better windshield and protection items. Going for the T-Rex bars this time around. on the '07, I had a dash shelf that was very functional and I want to put my GPS back in that position..... but looking to do it without getting the N-line dash shelf if I can. Will have to get creative to see if I can design up a small dash shelf...... we'll see.

I like the Root Beer color myself also. Much better than the 2016 standard blue. Wish it was available in the US. I painted my 65 mustang convertible Root beer. Some gold trim or stripes would make that bike stand out above anything else out there.

Congrat's.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Dave, and it is going to one day get some nice shiny stuff on those valve covers....... covered up so no one but me will know I got your PAIR covers. Yep, I've been thinking about some gold or copper trim...... copper carbon fibre? Have to do some photoshopping....... gotta get some new software.