Canyon Cage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone,

Ignacio's cautions notwithstanding, I've stayed in touch with the mfg. of these bars since I'm still interested in them. He is obtaining pics of someone "modeling" the bars on an FJR this Friday and he asked me to ask you all what other pics you'd like to see.

Besides multiple pics, I'd also like to know rider measurements (inseam, height, weight,etc.) and bike adjustments (seat height). Is there any other information/specific pics that you all would like to see?

GaryB

Dallas, TX.
If possible I'd like to see either a live demonstration, i.e. the FJR lowered gently on the side to see exactly what/how the canyon cages work/protect the bike, and which parts still could contact the ground. Or if that's too much to ask, at least a big sheet of cardboard or plywood angled up from under the center of the FJR against one (or better still both sides) to approximate which parts of the bike/fairing would make contact with the ground with the canyon cages installed.

Hope that makes sense.

The news from Ryan is good!

Here is his response to me

Chuck,

We have definitely done Group Buys before and I'm sure we'd be open to doing it again if there was truly enough interest. I'll check out the thread and see what's going on on the forum. Normally, the minimum for a Group Buy is approximately 10 sets and we do higher discounts for more participation. Usually we'll offer a 5% discount for 10 sets, 10% for 20 sets, 15% for 30, and 20% for 40 for more sets. If you'd like to relay this information over to your buddies on the forum, that'd be great. I have been getting more emails for the FJR stuff lately so later on today I'll write up a Group Buy thread and post it to the forums for you guys!

Thanks for your interest!

Ryan Nichols

MCE

Surely there are enough of us to get to the max discount ;)

Does signing up for a Canyon Cage and the Bag Protectors count as 2 buys?

I am to assume Ryan will start a thread over in the group buy section. I'll be glad to maintain a list if needed or assist in any way possible.
Friends,

I am definitely interested in these. If a group buy gets set up, I sure would like to be considered. I am from Canada (Montréal) ... and I hope that will not pose a problem. If it does, I will try and find a FJRForum member from northern Vermont or NY state that lives close to the Canadian border crossings for Montreal and see if I can get this stuff shipped there!

Later friends!

Rheal

Receive the Canyon Cage this morning. :yahoo:

CanyonCage.jpg

Ok, Ryan sent the promised pics.

Paraphrased and shortened, he commented:

The knee looks a taaad close in the photos but in reality, my knee was a good 3-4" away from the bar and I'm 5'10 with a 32" inseam.

He also mentioned that he will be setting up a group buy (not this forum) in a "week or two".

7xJAk.jpg
xVS6U.jpg

BAgVZ.jpg
1xDRt.jpg

84Ejb.jpg

All the images I have of the Canyon Cage (from a prior post, above pics, and larger versions of above pics are here.

Enjoy.

Edit: Changed URL to all pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great info, thanks GaryB. So which forum will the GB be posted on, don't want to miss out.

Btw, the bigger pics referenced in your post are not publicly available so could not see them.

These look great!

I have been paying a bit more attention to my leg clearance here, there is plenty.

Now lets get him to drop the bike and see how the Canyon Cage performs :lol:

Hopefully I can recover from the RDL group buy by the time Ryan puts one together.

Great info, thanks GaryB. So which forum will the GB be posted on, don't want to miss out.

Btw, the bigger pics referenced in your post are not publicly available so could not see them.

Apologies, try again (anyone) and let me know. It seems to work now.

Re: the group buy, he only said he would let me know when/where so I could post it here. Which I will do as soon as I know.

Edit: Added last comment.

I'll have to figgure out something for highway pegs and pick up the oem bolts needed to remove PO installed Wild Bill's mounts.

I'll have to figgure out something for highway pegs and pick up the oem bolts needed to remove PO installed Wild Bill's mounts.
Chuck you read my mind.

Has anyone checked into what kind of Hwy Pegs would best fit on the Canyon Cages? I would imagine something that would be popular with the Hardley crowd, as they would need to bolt on the horizontal bar.

Thanks for posting the pictures. I'll be looking at a pair of them when teh GB happens.

Chuck you read my mind.

Has anyone checked into what kind of Hwy Pegs would best fit on the Canyon Cages? I would imagine something that would be popular with the Hardley crowd, as they would need to bolt on the horizontal bar.
There's a zillion options for cruisers. I'm sure I can find a better hwy peg position on the Canyon Cages (for me)

Just curious is there a group buy on these yet?

Waiting patiently for any news ;)

Just curious is there a group buy on these yet?

Waiting patiently for any news ;)
I suppose that since I've been the most active in trying to organize something your questions are directed primarily at me.

I've been advised to neither post a group buy nor facilitate members' business dealings with the vendor of the Canyon Cages on this forum, so I will not be doing so. A group buy, if any, will need to be facilitated by someone else.

This vendor has caused WAY MORE drama than need be. And several people are getting unnecessarily wrapped around the axle about it.

If you want to do business with them....feel free. But this forum has always been and will always remain about FJR owners first and foremost. We don't solicit nor accept vendors hawking stuff on this forum. Except in some very narrow circumstances where we've had FJR owners selling unique products and seek special permission in advance.

This vendor colossally failed at those basic requirements, engaged in needless sockpuppetry, and then started calling myself and others bad names.
angry.gif

That said, if you really want their product...go Google them. However, I'll say it one more time....caveat emptor buddy.
wink.gif

Thread closed due to these vendor shenanigans (and some other things I found out after booting them). Don't bother starting new threads about group buys. If somebody has an issue with this...they're welcome to take it offline with me via PM. Suffice it to say, this clown is *almost* as bad as the stunts MCL pulled years ago.

Thanks.
The Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts