Cell phone problem

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jer

Reaction score
I have recently been having trouble listening to my music and talk radio while riding. I am using a set of Uclear blue tooth earpods and a Galaxy III phone. I walk with this system almost daily and have no problems. I get a loud Bleep Bleep quite often making it almost impossible to listen to music. I had to shut it off coming back from the Death Valley function.

Could it be that the charger on my motorcycle is not always working and this is a signal from the phone causing this louder than my music volume to keep signaling me? I have checked phone settings and cannot figure anything out. Would appreciate advice from those smarter than me. That should bring a lot of replies.

If you have it hooked up to a charger and the connection is loose, it could be the phone letting you know that your phone is charging.

I get an audible beep when my phone begins charging and then one that tells me the charger is not connected. Basically a loose wire or socket will cause the phone to charge and then stop charging all the time.

If you have it hooked up to a charger and the connection is loose, it could be the phone letting you know that your phone is charging.
I get an audible beep when my phone begins charging and then one that tells me the charger is not connected. Basically a loose wire or socket will cause the phone to charge and then stop charging all the time.

It is a double loud Beep Beep and was beeping with only a minute or two break at most. I have a 4 amp double outlet plug with my GPS in one of the outlets and the phone in the other. Could it be that that voltage is split and there is not enough to charge both the GPS and phone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jer,

All that electrical stuff beyond charging is over my head. One of our esteemed electrical wizards will chime in here with ohm/wattage/volt flux capacitor ratings with tables, charts, and graphs that will make sense to them.

The extent of my knowledge ended at "Is it beeping cause it is bouncing back and forth between charging and not charging?" But it has happened to me in both the car and on the cycle.

Do the ear pods have a mic set up? I have a couple sets of earbuds (not bluetooth) with a mic set up, and occasionally the mic part will get pinched, and the phone will beep twice, looking for some type of verbal prompt. Also using a galaxy siii.

That'd be my guess, fwiw. I hope it helps.

It is a double loud Beep Beep and was beeping with only a minute or two break at most. I have a 4 volt double outlet plug with my GPS in one of the outlets and the phone in the other. Could it be that that voltage is split and there is not enough to charge both the GPS and phone?

Easy to test, disconnect the GPS and see if phone is still acting up.

OK, I have a solution, but it's going to require a LOT of bungee cords, 3 pairs of handlbar-mount speakers, a REALLY big alternator, and probably heavier front fork! :)

OTOH, the Galaxy III has a charging icon that's shaped like a little battery. If it doesn't have a lightning bolt through the middle of it, your phone is not charging. A lot of the micro-mini USB cords don't connect too well to the charging points in the Galaxy's receptacle. You have to keep swapping cords till you find one that makes the lightning bolt show up.

It is a double loud Beep Beep and was beeping with only a minute or two break at most. I have a 4 volt double outlet plug with my GPS in one of the outlets and the phone in the other. Could it be that that voltage is split and there is not enough to charge both the GPS and phone?
This is possible. A lot of USB adapters/ports are set up to provide a mere 500 mA and this might event be the TOTAL amps for both devices. The good news is that if you pay attention you can get higher-output adapters.

Thanks for all of the replies. I will check out all of the advice and I am sure a solution will be found.
not_i.gif

my uclears beep when the battery is getting low. how old are yours? im sure the battery's in them wont last forever but ive never considerd if their replaceable. perhaps try a different usb transformer to charge them.

Would it be feasible to run the phone without a charger for a while? Just run it on battery? If it stops the beeping, it's probably the charger as you suspect.

That is very possible what the problem is and I will check it out.

Do the ear pods have a mic set up? I have a couple sets of earbuds (not bluetooth) with a mic set up, and occasionally the mic part will get pinched, and the phone will beep twice, looking for some type of verbal prompt. Also using a galaxy siii.
That'd be my guess, fwiw. I hope it helps.
Yes, the ear pods have a mic set up. I don't think that is the problem because I have answered the phone several times.

OK, I have a solution, but it's going to require a LOT of bungee cords, 3 pairs of handlbar-mount speakers, a REALLY big alternator, and probably heavier front fork!
smile.png

OTOH, the Galaxy III has a charging icon that's shaped like a little battery. If it doesn't have a lightning bolt through the middle of it, your phone is not charging. A lot of the micro-mini USB cords don't connect too well to the charging points in the Galaxy's receptacle. You have to keep swapping cords till you find one that makes the lightning bolt show up.
I have bought several charging cords that don't work. I believe the ones I am using are OK.

This is possible. A lot of USB adapters/ports are set up to provide a mere 500 mA and this might event be the TOTAL amps for both devices. The good news is that if you pay attention you can get higher-output adapters.
That sounds like a very good solution.

my uclears beep when the battery is getting low. how old are yours? im sure the battery's in them wont last forever but ive never considerd if their replaceable. perhaps try a different usb transformer to charge them.
i have never had my uclear run down on all day runs.

Would it be feasible to run the phone without a charger for a while? Just run it on battery? If it stops the beeping, it's probably the charger as you suspect.
That is something I thought of, but never applied. Thanks for the heads up.

Jer, my S5 does this in my truck every now and then. It is the charger acting up. Turn your phone on, turn up the volume, and plug it in. Does it make the same noise you're hearing in your buds? If so, it's just time to change chargers.

It is a double loud Beep Beep and was beeping with only a minute or two break at most. I have a 4 amp double outlet plug with my GPS in one of the outlets and the phone in the other. Could it be that that voltage is split and there is not enough to charge both the GPS and phone?
Had a similar problem while charging my G3 on the bike, turned out to be a bad connection at the micro USB. When I would hit a bump, the bad connection would cause the charge to be interrupted and the phone would beep, then beep again when the charge resumed. When i replaced the cheap cable with a Mediabridge from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009W34X5O/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=HO7TWZJX7W7N&coliid=I3EBDCM43THA94 the problem disappeared.

Latest posts