Center stand removal, why not?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, this has been very entertaining, I feel completely welcomed now as the fng! That was my first cherry popping dumb question here. I am overwhelmed with your insightfullness (is that a word?) and genuine care for my feelings (and my center stand!). I am proud of how you all came together on this one and feel honored to be a part of this community. If anyone needs help in the future (loading guns, aiming, maybe even squeezing the trigger) I am allways available. The only problem is from now on, I will expect nothing less from you guys, so don't let me down! I have changed my mind and decided out of spite to everyone here to rip the center stand off my bike, throw it to the ground and shoot the left tire off with my 45.
Now that's thinkin with yer dipstick, Jimmy! :download:

Uhm, which tire is the left tire?

Last edited by a moderator:
:rofl: :rofl:

I'm sorry but I just got fired for laughing out loud at work and for reading this thread. Steel, please pass the gun so I can shoot my left tire off...I'll trade you one tire for a centerstand.

:russian_roulette:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add my .02, if that makes any difference. I was on a trip to southern Florida from Tennessee a few months ago. The rear tire had some mileage on it but I thought I'd replace it after the trip. While down around the armpit I noticed the rear tire felt rather "soft". No problem, I'll check it when we pull in for fuel. Wow...it sure does look low on air. Yowee it's got all of 11 psi in it, how did that happen? I could only find 3 sets of what looked like a staple mark in it and was doing a very slow leak from them. Dusk was approaching but I found a bike shop about 4 miles away. The long story made short was that if I hadn't had the center stand I would have been searching for a hotel for the night (it was Friday) and a possible extended stay until Monday until a shop could fit me into the work schedule. As it was, I pulled the wheel in the parking lot and had it back on within 2 hours. I have very rarely had a flat on a bike in 20+ years of riding but when it does you're at the mercy of circumstances. The extra weight of the centerstand is small compared with the amount of gear you're hauling on a long trip. A hot day can also soften up the asphault enough to allow a side stand to dig in. Just my opinion but I'd keep the center stand, this isn't a track bike.

Wow, this has been very entertaining, I feel completely welcomed now as the fng! That was my first cherry popping dumb question here. I am overwhelmed with your insightfullness (is that a word?) and genuine care for my feelings (and my center stand!). I am proud of how you all came together on this one and feel honored to be a part of this community. If anyone needs help in the future (loading guns, aiming, maybe even squeezing the trigger) I am allways available. The only problem is from now on, I will expect nothing less from you guys, so don't let me down! I have changed my mind and decided out of spite to everyone here to rip the center stand off my bike, throw it to the ground and shoot the left tire off with my 45.
Now that's thinkin with yer dipstick, Jimmy! :download:

Uhm, which tire is the left tire?
It's the one on the other side of the right tire.

I have changed my mind and decided out of spite to everyone here to rip the center stand off my bike, throw it to the ground and shoot the left tire off with my 45.
Roost, mi amigo, that's the beauty of motorcycle ownership: Do what you want! For God's sake, don't expect any consensus from this madhouse on a topic like this.

Er...uhm...thanks for starting this entertaining thread. ;)

Knifemaker, the pivot bolts for the centerstand are between the midpipes after the cat housing. I suppose you could push some pins from the middle outwards though you'd have to crawl around on the ground to do so.