Central Florida News Years Day Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redzgrider

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I believe that how I start the year is important to how the year goes. Posted this last year and went for my ride. Posting again in case anyone wants to ride along.
Bit of a warning: I am not a knee dragger. Spirited when I can, but never really an A group rider.
Making a morning run to the German bakery in Yalaha on New Year’s morning. I doubt they’ll be open, but I’ll find a place for a cup of coffee.
I'll be heading out from the Race Trac at Bluford and Colonial around 0900. planning to make a loop around Sugarloaf so I get the double curves on 561 at least once, if not twice. On my blue 2012 with a red, white, and blue Scorpion helmet.

5 of us rode New Year's eve meeting up in Sorento to Cedar Key for lunch. I was the only FJR in the group this time. Check out Central Florida Sport Touring Group on FaceBook. Many of us ride every weekend.

Not much of a Facebook user, so I seem to have missed a good ride. Cedar Key is a terrific destination.
That said, the weather this morning was unbeatable, cool enough gear felt good instead of sweltering. I was missing the Ace Cafe for a post ride cup of joe though.

I will let you know when we ride next. There are two other groups in the area that ride often. They are both on Meet Up. The Big Galoots and Lean into It. The Big Galoots rides tend to be a bit big for me 10-12 riders. Even if you just check FB on Friday for ride info could work.

"The Big Galoots rides tend to be a bit big for me 10-12 riders"
Couldn't agree more. My preferred group is always the Gilligan Trio -- me, myself, and I.
Used to set up a group ride for off-Fridays from work. Got popular after a bit, and the group got to 10 or 11 one Friday. That's too big, group ends up spread out, and sure enough a young rider on a Hardly Nightster goes wide and low sides on Mt. Plymouth rd. He's not hurt badly, having worn a bandana (and only a bandana) across his face for protection. Another rider speeds up to tell me at the next gathering point, then slides on leaves at the stop and takes down yet another guy on his Yamaha cruiser.