CFO Iron Butt Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devanator

Reaction score
There will be an IBA SS1000 Certified ride available at the next CFO. I have been in contact with Mike Kneebone and also with GZ (beeroux) from the forum. They are advising us with this addition to CFO. For those coming to CFO, we would like those interested in participating in this ride to speak up. Please list here under this post or PM me. I will put your name in the post and keep the post updated periodically. We will hand out certificates at Rally. NO WAITING. For last minute signups, you will have to wait for your certificate to be sent out after CFO, there is a lead time to get certificates made for our CFO rally. But once you have paid, if you back out there will be NO REFUND.

Price for this event will be 55.00. Price will cover the certificate, pin and back plate, paypal fees, rally towels, and a few minor miscellaneous things to handle this ride. When I send all the information to IBA, I will also make the payment for everybody. Send money to my paypal account at [email protected]

Ride will take place through some of the best Wyoming has to offer. Going through the Big Horn Mountains, Yellowstone National Park, Togwotee Pass, leaving and returning through the Black Hills. Miles will end up being a solid 1035 miles. There are some areas that you can make some fairly good time on and some areas like Yellowstone that will be a little more sedate. It might end up being the highlight though. This will be a ride for those that truly want to get an IBA certificate, and for those that want to see some beautiful country besides just the Black Hills. Less than 1/4 will be slab, rest is beautiful mountains and open grassland.

There will be a starting time for everybody to take off from. Depending how many participate, we could do it as a group or individually. We will see what the participation levels are. Check it over and see if you want to venture out beyond just the Black Hills for a day. Ride will take place on Friday, September 12 2008. Certificates will be handed out at our banquet the following evening. For those signing up, a Rally Pack will be handed out to everybody with a map, towel, and verification stops that will be needed for proof to be given out later as date approaches.

Everybody will have to be signed up by August 3, 2008. We need some lead time for them to make certificates. One thing will have to be made clear though. Once payment to IBA is made. NO REFUNDS. Once work its done by them and you back out, your shit out of luck.

The route will be US16 out of Custer to Interstate 90 then to Ranchester. Ranchester to Fishing Bridge into Yellowstone Park on US 14. South on 287 all the way to Muddy Gap. Then 220 to Casper. Casper to Lusk. Then Lusk back to Custer via Hot Springs. 1035 miles. 18 1/2 hours according to Mapquest. Gas stops and some pic stops will be added for verifications. Those will be shown before leaving.

Hope everybody will enjoy this new addition to CFO.

CFO SS1000 Riders

rickcorwn

devanator

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds very cool!! Props for taken this on :clapping: I've got a few Certs but I never documented a SS, looks like this will be a great time to do it.

So GZ is involved in this huh? <_< I'll tell ya right now I'm NOT wearing any underwear on the outside of my clothes :unsure: A guys gotta have SOME dignity.

Sounds very cool!! Props for taken this on :clapping: I've got a few Certs but I never documented a SS, looks like this will be a great time to do it.
So GZ is involved in this huh? <_< I'll tell ya right now I'm NOT wearing any underwear on the outside of my clothes :unsure: A guys gotta have SOME dignity.
Hey...you know know yer gonna have to bend over -put out -do "a little extra" to get that instant cert now doncha? :)

GZ is sending me some information and has given me some advice already. and Mike K has helped too with making my way through this. I actually do not have a certificate myself but hope to have my Superior run by the time this comes. And no underwear will be involved. Maybe if I had more experience I could get fun with you guys, but this one is going to be very basic. If this goes with out a hitch, and I'm interested in doing another one the following year. Then I'll have some fun with you guys.

Thanks in advance for your encouraging words.

devanator - good on yah for doing this! Way cool for you to step up and organize/offer this ride.

Way to step up Dev! I'm hoping to work CFO into my schedule this year.

Can't wait to see the SS1000 route. Sounds like it will be challenging.

Way to step up Dev! I'm hoping to work CFO into my schedule this year.
Can't wait to see the SS1000 route. Sounds like it will be challenging.

DD

You must have a fairly open schedule if your doing the MN1000, Glacial Lakes Runs, and the Butt Lite and hoping to make CFO. Wish I had the ability to do half those runs.

I don't no if I'm going to open the route of the runs early or not. GZ isn't until the day or two before the run. I'll see how things develop. I'm thinking it will be early. The verification stops on the rally sheets is the important thing. But I'm sure you can figure a fair amount of the route by looking at how the announcement is written. :rolleyes:

I want to take part in this also, so I'm hoping we can do it as a group. But we will see how the participation is and if everybody is fine with the time we have to leave. I have a person lined up to be a witness for the leave and return.

devanator

We will need everybody that wants to take part in the SS1000 ride to make a decision by August 3. I will need to get the information for all the riders to IBA after that so they can process the information and get everything back in time for our rally on the Sept 12th week-end. They said they want a month.

After talking to Jackson about this ride. To make it worthwhile, we think there should be at least 4-5 riders taking part in this. We have one signed up and paid. I will be putting the map up and directions tonight or tomorrow so everybody can see. I will not be putting out the stop for verification until you get your pamphlet the night before. Just like a rally there would be no fun in that.

devanator

Time is ticking down to take part in this. After talking to Mike K, we do have a few more days to let people sign up. But do it in the next week. The last day will be the week-end of the 9. So hurry up and decide. Look at first post for the information. Have any other questions post up. Two people have signed up and we would like more.

Mike Kneebone said the route will be challenging but also very doable. Routing software gave a time frame of 19 hours. He also said it was routed correct with having the twisties during the day. Should be fun. Rick C is looking forward to it and I know that I am also. We will go ahead and do this with just the two of us but a couple more would be fun to have also. Join in the fun.

devanator

I will not be able to make it to CFO, but if I were, this would be on the list.

You have got to be FOOKIN kidding me!?! You have a 48+ in 10, but not a SS? How the hell did that happen? Are you just going from hardest to easiest rides in the IBA list?

Info is going in for participants this Thursday. Any last minute holdouts have to sign up by Wednesday. Come on, let's have one or two more.

Last edited by a moderator: