CFR 2016 When, Where, Why & Who?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stevie,

You ever figured out that gps gizmo you have, left vs right and which direction the sunrises, there are tails told of when you lead rides.

Just razzing yah.

Chris

Yer Canadian friends from the west got no way across da nort side uh Lake Superior.

New bridge needs repairs. As a structural engineer I have no idea why this happened...in hot weather I could see the expansion joints having a problem...but now?

Unless the anecdotal evidence is true regarding a large uplifting gust of wind fracturing the connection. If that's the case...then there are some significant design issues with that bridge...never heard of that issue before.

Last edited by a moderator:
...Unless the anecdotal evidence is true regarding a large uplifting gust of wind fracturing the connection. If that's the case...then there are some significant design issues with that bridge...never heard of that issue before.
Galloping Gertie's aeroelastic flutter strikes again?

If you were on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge when the wind was blowing your motorcycle or car could be launched over the edge. <-- weak effort to include motorcycle content ;)

...Unless the anecdotal evidence is true regarding a large uplifting gust of wind fracturing the connection. If that's the case...then there are some significant design issues with that bridge...never heard of that issue before.
Galloping Gertie's aeroelastic flutter strikes again?

If you were on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge when the wind was blowing your motorcycle or car could be launched over the edge. <-- weak effort to include motorcycle content
wink.png
Yeah, like I said...if with all the kumptr trainin there be deez days, shouldn't be an issue with Gertie...unless some Canadian hoser got a hold of the dwgs and read them upside down.

Maybe Billy Fitter worked on dat project?

You ever figured out that gps gizmo you have, left vs right and which direction the sunrises, there are tails told of when you lead rides.
Really? I'd never heard such a thing. :D

Hey bad shit goes down when your GPS shits the bed, and your pillion, who'se reading directions to you off of paper maps, gives up and says feck it!

I didn't lose anybody (barely) so no harm, no foul.

Reservation Info for 2016 CFR

Comfort Inn

959 Pembroke St E, Pembroke, ON K8A 3M3
Phone:(613) 735-1057

The reservation code is "Fitkowski"

Arriving June 9/16 Departure June 12/16

Rooms Blocked
12 - Double rooms 2 double beds per room
13 - Queens 1 queen bed + sofa bed per room
The rate $115.99 CAD + tax per night

Each room has coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator , free Wi-Fi, free parking

I have added this to the original post in this thread

Man yamafitter I wish I could make it, but there is no way I can swing back to back weekends in Red Lodge and Pembroke. I sure would like to take advantage of the great exchange rate right now.

Man yamafitter I wish I could make it, but there is no way I can swing back to back weekends in Red Lodge and Pembroke. I sure would like to take advantage of the great exchange rate right now.
How many times have you been to Red Lodge? How many times have you been to Pembroke?

Nuff said.

How many times have you been to Red Lodge? How many times have you been to Pembroke?
Nuff said.
Ya, I gave that a lot of thought but then I plugged Pembroke into Google maps and seen I had to pass though Sudbury. I heard there are some rough characters that live around there.
no.gif

Nuff said.
Ya, I gave that a lot of thought but then I plugged Pembroke into Google maps and seen I had to pass though Sudbury. I heard there are some rough characters that live around there.
no.gif
You ain't kidding! I've been to both Pembroke and Red Lodge, know which one I like better? Moot point tho, I have a conflict and can't make CFR this year...... Red Lodge it is, see ya there!

When I look at one of those metric Canadian calendars CFR and Red Lodge are not "back to back". CFR is Jun 9-12 and Red Lodge is Jun 23-26. There is a whole weekend in between. So much for your lame excuse.

If you come through the States you can cross at the Bluewater Bridge in Sarnia and bypass Sudbury. The problem is you will come very close to Owosso which might be a larger impediment to you coming east. The other option is to take Hwy 11 and bypass Sudbury to the north. I know what you are thinking, how can anything be further north than Sudbury? Well trust me there is however you have to be careful since you if you go this way you might hit a polar bear standing in the road.

Churchill%20Bears-L.jpg

Polar bears prefer Bombardier over Yamaha so its safe, or is this all that is left of the rider and he is cleaning his teeth with whats left of the seat?

When I look at one of those metric Canadian calendars CFR and Red Lodge are not "back to back". CFR is Jun 9-12 and Red Lodge is Jun 23-26. There is a whole weekend in between. So much for your lame excuse.

If you come through the States you can cross at the Bluewater Bridge in Sarnia and bypass Sudbury. The problem is you will come very close to Owosso which might be a larger impediment to you coming east. The other option is to take Hwy 11 and bypass Sudbury to the north. I know what you are thinking, how can anything be further north than Sudbury? Well trust me there is however you have to be careful since you if you go this way you might hit a polar bear standing in the road.

Churchill%20Bears-L.jpg
"So much for your lame excuse"

By golly your right about that Canadian calendar but I have a lot more lame excuses where that came from.