CFR 2018 - WooHoo! Registration is going LIVE November 1st!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm down to T-minus 6 days now.

Shit's getting real, for sure.

Got some new shoes mounted on the red beast today. Oil change tomorrow and then I start packing. I need to drop by the shampoo store and the bank. Then it's just get through a few more days of work and I'm ready!!

My back ain't 100%, but I've decided that I'm gonna pack the ibuprophen and go until I can't go anymore. Life is short. I'll rest when I'm gone.....

Still pretty early, but the extended weather forecast is showing;

Wed June 20 - 85/56F 20% rain

Thursday June 21 - 83/54F 40% rain

Friday June 22 - 82/54F 30% rain

Not too bad!

Leaving Sunday morning. Oil, done. Tires, done. Packing, done but bike gets loaded up tomorrow. I never can believe all that crap will fit on the bike (including camping gear), but it always does.

Pacing around, wondering what I've forgotten to do, buy, or pack. So far, it's always been something.
weirdsmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Pacing around, wondering what I've forgotten to do, buy, or pack. So far, it's always been something.
weirdsmiley.gif
BTDT. I ended up making a packing list after I forgot my laptop on the coffee table before a two week trip. Had to have my wife FedEx it to me en route. :)

Life is short. I'll rest when I'm gone.....
I'll save ya a seat if I get there first... it will be warm so you won't need any pants...
wink.png

T-minus 8 for me pants. Almost can't stand the waiting.
Hitting the road tomorrow...slackers...
cool.png

Not leaving till the 20th but will be on the road on into July.

I guess there is a crew gathering here in Lapine the 19th and we will make an assault on Canada the 21st.

Shit's getting real, for sure.

Got some new shoes mounted on the red beast today. Oil change tomorrow and then I start packing. I need to drop by the shampoo store and the bank. Then it's just get through a few more days of work and I'm ready!!

My back ain't 100%, but I've decided that I'm gonna pack the ibuprophen and go until I can't go anymore. Life is short. I'll rest when I'm gone.....
My body prefers Aleve. My bride, a former Nurse Practitioner aka medicine expert, says you can take about 2400 milligrams ibuprofen per day. This is the first thing a the orthopedic doc will do after seeing you so go for it Pants.

W00T!!

Four more days of work and I'm done with that BS until July 5th. FJR is ready to go except for oil change next weekend.

No pacing yet but anticipation is growing and I can't wait to get on the road.

It's time to party...see all y'all soon!

~G&J

Well - I suppose we can just about scratch that one off the list. Well approach from one side or the other, go as far toward (or away from) the sun as we can, and then call it good enough, I guess.

Sweating my balls off down here, its hard to imagine this is even possible.

Well - I suppose we can just about scratch that one off the list. Well approach from one side or the other, go as far toward (or away from) the sun as we can, and then call it good enough, I guess.
Sweating my balls off down here, its hard to imagine this is even possible.
Crews break through Big Drift, set stage for opening Glacier’s Going-to-the-Sun Road BY DAVID REESEJUNE 8, 2018
Maybe still a possibility pants, we are hoping it will be open too.

New tires mounted and a fresh oil change done. I'm pre-packed. Well, to be honest, the shampoo is packed and the rest of the shit will either go or not go. We'll see.

I'm 4 days out for blast off. Last night, my back was so torqued out and I got a bit down. I've never had a back problem like this. I've been driving my wife and Josh nuts with it for about 6 weeks. The Aleve works though, so I'm going to give it a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained....

'Going to the Sun' in Glacier was my last FJR ride - highly recommended!! However, with the weather we've been experiencing lately, I wouldn't be surprised if it stays closed for a while yet.

Weather predictions are good, mosquito situation isn't - hope it's better north of here? Bring tropical clothing, rain gear and bug spray.

Cheers
drinks.gif

Al