CFR 2018 - WooHoo! Registration is going LIVE November 1st!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't started packing yet, seems a bit extreme as I won't be leaving for eight more days. Still can't wait to go, the old red head has new shoes and headed out to G's to put new shoes on the spare rims Sat and she will get fresh oil soon!

All you folks that haven't ridden the Okanogon Country here please enjoy and be careful.

DSCN2215.jpg

Here are some random pic's from our last trip to Nakusp

DSCN1184.jpg

DSCN1199.jpg

DSCN1223.jpg

I have thought about riding the parkway on the way back home and spending the night here.

DSCN1266.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No cooling vest for me, I just soak the shirt under the mesh when needed with ice water from the cooler in the bushtec trailer.
Man, I hate roughing it.
Ya, I used to do that, but when it's really hot the shirt would dry out in 15 to 20 minutes. Didn't want to stop that often. Now I rarely carry my mesh gear. With the cooling vest and a small vent opened on my jacket I can stay comfortable for hours between recharges. Basically at each gas stop.

I believe people have different levels of tolerance for heat and what's required to keep them comfortable and safe. I met a guy a couple of months ago from Austin Texas who said he could ride for hours in extreme heat even when his friends were wilting. No way I could do that in the conditions he was describing.

Most businesses in Canada will take your US cash but they will give you crappy exchange rates. Better to use a CC or get some Canadian cash from an ATM - or from FastJoyRide! We spend the winter in the Coachella Valley so we can always use more US cash.

Well Im one day in. 500 miles today. Stopped mid afternoon in Gainsville TX as the temp hit an even 100 degrees f. My back is torqued of course but Im lying on some ice. Im also sipping on some shampoo medicine that has also been iced.

My new tires are perfectly balanced. I passed about 4 big trucks hauling stinky chickens this afternoon at about a buck fifteen. Smooth as a babys ass.

Dodge city tomorrow. I dont remember ever going to Kansas before.

Well Im one day in. 500 miles today. Stopped mid afternoon in Gainsville TX as the temp hit an even 100 degrees f. My back is torqued of course but Im lying on some ice. Im also sipping on some shampoo medicine that has also been iced.
My new tires are perfectly balanced. I passed about 4 big trucks hauling stinky chickens this afternoon at about a buck fifteen. Smooth as a babys ass.

Dodge city tomorrow. I dont remember ever going to Kansas before.
Take care of yourself Pants. Try different anti-inflammatory meds. Ibuprofen does not agree with me where as Aleve does. My wife was a Primary Care Provider and says you can take 2400 milligrams of Ibuprofen/day for short term such as two weeks.

The FJR is sweet at 100+. Did you get into 5 gear at 115?
biggrin.png

Toto is pulling for ya!

Pants try Naproxin Sodium, long time issue's with lower back issue's. Funny thing for me is 95% of the time the FJR riding position works better than driving my Grand Marque!

Went to a funeral down in the city today, I took the FJR as the HOV lanes are a better way to go. My ride home of 55 miles was a two hour slog on the bike and in the car it would have been at least two and a half.

When I got home I did an oil's and filter change on the FJR some honey do's and felt good, if I would have drove it would have been not so good. I did start the day with two Naproxins!

Joey has been fighting a bad back and he soldiered on despite the pain. He made it about 750 miles is my guess. We knew it was a long shot he would be able to make it. I feel really bad for him. He is hearing back home to get better. I truly feel that is the best decision. My prayers for healing are with him. Thanks his sucks for him. He was so looking forward to this.

So, I need some help redirecting. I am in far North Eastern Kansas. I would like to catch up to someone heading to Nakusp. Anyone gonna be around Denver tomorrow? Where should I head? I am gonna keep heading North West. I gotta go that way anyway. Might as well make some progress.

My cell is 618-918-1919. Give me a call, I have Bluetooth. Thanks for any and all help.

Cav.