CFR Check In Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugR

Reaction score
We got back at around 1 pm,

Hit some rain as we got to Ottawa but it cleared out after an hour or two.

I still have to unpack the van and post all those photo's.

We had a great time, thanks to all who came.

Ride safe and please check in when you are home safe.

Chris & Diana

We made it safely to our destination for the evening of Burlington, VT. We'll take the next 2 or 3 days to get home.

To all still on the road - ride safe!

To the organizers of CFR 2010 (Chris, Diana, Scott, Jeff, and any others who helped behind-the-scenes), a from-the-heart [SIZE=18pt]THANK YOU[/SIZE] for all your efforts! Susie and I truly appreciate your efforts for a job VERY well done!

Been home long enough to clean the pool, do some laundry and even stopped by the trailer.

Had a great time in Quebec. Thanks to Chris and Diane, Jeff, Scott and all the others that helped out. It was great to see old friends and to make new friends.

Until next time,

Rob

Sitting here in Matane to begin my trip around the Gaspe tomorrow and now that the fog is clearing I think I see a coastline. Hoping for a clear day tomorrow.

I gotta go clean my bike. :rolleyes:

Ride safe everyone.

Canadian FJR

Christie and I rolled in about an hour ago. That girl's a trooper Mont Tremblant to Sudbury on her what.. 5th ride?!

DAMN! That rocked!

Made it home safely to Cumberland, ME. Peeled off from Charly Hoss and MEM at Newry - never had to put the rain gear on, came close a few times though.

Thanks to all the organizers for putting on a fantastic rally - great rides and great people.

Lucie and I rolled into Imlay City, MI (enroute Chicago for the Crossroads Festival). HEAVY rain between Napanee and Belleville, otherwise weather cooperated.

I HATE THE SLAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and Lucie says that all the people who think 13+ hrs on a bike is tough are all a buncha pussies. ;)

Great time, great venue, and great people... see y'all next year.

Griff

Home again, home again, jiggity jig! 977 kms.

GREAT time Chris, Diana et al !! WELL done :)

ps - to borrow a phrase from Scoops: "Pegs are for pussies" :p

Rolled in about 7pm...got to test the rain gear for about 40 mins just after lunch, otherwise smooth sailing. Many thanks to Chris and the rally team for an outstanding CFR. Everything was first class, including the weather!

Parked at a Motel in Wawa, ON. 1102 km on the Trip Odo in a little under 12 hrs with 2 meal stops and 1... errr... performance award! :( No rain to speak of and clear blue skies for most of the afternoon and evening! :yahoo:

Only 2600 and change to go to get home...

I think those that travel less than 1000 km to/from a rally are pussies! :p

Oh, and Griff, where does flying the first 3600 km come into play? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
So 1000km, whats that in old money? about 60 miles right!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R

Parked at a Motel in Wawa, ON. 1102 km on the Trip Odo in a little under 12 hrs with 2 meal stops and 1... errr... performance award! :( No rain to speak of and clear blue skies for most of the afternoon and evening! :yahoo: Only 2600 and change to go to get home...

I think those that travel less than 1000 km to/from a rally are pussies! :p

Oh, and Griff, where does flying the first 3600 km come into play? ;)
The last time I ran that route my first stop out from Montreal was Thunder Bay. Granted, it was about 10 years ago, but bikes are more comfortable now (I was on a sport bike) and I thnk I'm more than 10 years older than you, which does indeed make you a wuss.

The PA I expected, given the rate of speed you claimed were travelling when you lost your wind deflector, not to mention your performance in the Parc de la Mauricie on Tuesday. In fact I'm surprised you only have the one so far.

Then again, 1100 km in 12 hoours means an average of under 100 - however the highway north of Lake Superior IS a 70 kim road, if memory serves (which is a shame, considering it was a nice road once you got past The Soo) - I recall getting a PA when I did that route too.

We made it safely to our destination for the evening of Burlington, VT. We'll take the next 2 or 3 days to get home.
To all still on the road - ride safe!

To the organizers of CFR 2010 (Chris, Diana, Scott, Jeff, and any others who helped behind-the-scenes), a from-the-heart [SIZE=18pt]THANK YOU[/SIZE] for all your efforts! Susie and I truly appreciate your efforts for a job VERY well done!
+1,000!! Tenfold Gunny!!! Seth and I are in Corinth, NY; going on day rides today and tomorrow with his Family; they're all Harley folk. Occasional rains going South, but then the sun shone brightly as we waited for 2 hours for the border crossing at Canada 15 and US 87; just shut off the ignition and Seth and I pushed Miss Lucy Liu 15' feet at a time for a mile and a half.

the sun shone brightly as we waited for 2 hours for the border crossing at Canada 15 and US 87; just shut off the ignition and Seth and I pushed Miss Lucy Liu 15' feet at a time for a mile and a half.
I didn't realise it, but it IS a long weekend for many up here and of course the border was going to be busy.

Too bad no one told you, but it would have been a lot faster if you'd left the highway and went either West or (preferably) East to the next crossings (they are about 2 miles apart at this point, at least to the East) and you'd have been able to save at least an hour getting across).

Enjoy the rest of your ride.

The PA I expected, given the rate of speed you claimed were travelling when you lost your wind deflector, not to mention your performance in the Parc de la Mauricie on Tuesday. In fact I'm surprised you only have the one so far.
Damn SQ! :dribble: Well there's lots of miles to go. I was thinking maybe I'd start a collection... one from every province! :rolleyes:

Made it home around 20:00 last night. I was able to Bust & MissBust along with Mr & Mrs Huron52. Got to play a little bit on the way home with the Ompah Stomp. We parted company in Gooderham where I stopped in for a visit with friends before continuing on home. Once again thanks to Chris and the entire crew for a great rally.

I wanted to post up a special THANK YOU to Andre (Leskid) on the forum, who could not attend. He was the one, along with his daughter, who found the Resort. He took the time out of is schedule last fall to scout out the many places around Mt Tremblant and talk to the managers. In the end I think he made the right choice. :drinks:

Rob

I wanted to post up a special THANK YOU to Andre (Leskid) on the forum, who could not attend. He was the one, along with his daughter, who found the Resort. He took the time out of is schedule last fall to scout out the many places around Mt Tremblant and talk to the managers. In the end I think he made the right choice. :drinks:
Rob
+100 as I mentioned at the dinner, Andre spent a lot of time in the fall of 2009 scouting locations and hustling hotels for prices and if you could please thank him for his efforts.

Chris